Views
Helpful
Replies

Create different translation rules when in SRST mode

Remi Vuillaume
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

Have you already tried to create different translation rules for "normal behavior" and "SRST behavior" ?

This is my problem:

In my company, we use ARC attendant console for the reception, so on my H.323 gateway, I have the following translation-rule:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^$/ /850/               (because the provider just sends the extension so it is empty when calling the reception)

The 850 leads to a CTI route point in CUCM, so the call goes to ARC then.

But when the CUCM is down and phones failover in SRST mode, the reception is not reachable anymore from the outside, because CTI route point 850 is not reachable anymore. So, when on SRST mode, I'd like the gateway use this translation:

rule 1 /^$/ /500/

so that the calls to the reception go to the real DN of the reception phone.

This is a kind of a conditional routing.. (if normal mode, translate like this, but in SRST, translate like that...)

Did you guys try to do something like that ?

I heard about voice translation-rules in SRST mode (under call-manager-fallback mode) but it doesn't seem to work...

Have a nice day,

Rémi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use alias command under SRST.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Remi,

Since, the CTI Route Point is configured on CUCM so, it is not reachable in SRST mode.

In SRST mode, check the output of #show dial-peer, and see is the dial peer exist for the ARC CTI Port.

If CUCM fails how the attandant console works?

Thanks

Selvarathnam

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use alias command under SRST.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Chris,

Y'oure right, I didn't know about this command and I've checked its purpose about Cisco's website.

Thanks a lot !

Bye

Rémi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: