cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS on Call Forward All issue

amvita
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with the CSS on the Call Forward All line. I have configured the Phone's CSS with an "unrestricted" call search space which basically allows it to call anywhere. I have configured the line appearance with a "no international" CSS which blocks 9.011 calling. If I put the same "no international" CSS on the CallForwardAll CSS I am unable to forward calls anywhere, including Voicemail. If I leave the CSS blank (<none>) call forwarding works fine.

I am able to make calls to VoiceMail using the messages button and I am able to make all calls from the phone that I should be able to make, I just can not forward any calls.

Can anyone shed some light on why this might be occurring?

2 Replies 2

ssielaff
Level 1
Level 1

I highly recommend using the Line/Device model that you are using. but it does have one drawback.

The CSS you put in the call forward all/busy/no answer ignores the phone CSS all together.

This is also an issue for Dn configured on FXS/FXO ports. the base "Phone" CSS is ignored.

I would generally recommend creating an internal only CSS for use on the call forwards.

mschuh
Level 1
Level 1

CFA CSS are not concatenated like the normal Line/Device approach.

the reason is usually that no forward statement is in your "line" CSS. create a new CSS with the policy you would like and associate this one to the CFA. see also

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00806e8c1f.html#wp1044961 and look for Guidelines for the Line/Device Approach

verify this statement for your CCM Version, the link above is for 4.x

hope this helps ;-)