Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI Route Point Call Forwarding

matthewmaia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm running CM 10.5 and wanted to know if it was possible to forward/route calls from a CTI Route Point to another CTI Route Point AND a Hunt Pilot simultaneously. 

We just got a new attendant console and this one doesn't support CTI Route Points instead we have to use hunt/line groups to ring the DNs directly. We wanted to keep our old attendant console running along side the new one until we are done installing/verifying the new one.

One of my coworkers mentioned putting the Hunt Pilot and CTI Route Point into a Hunt Group and then forwarding the CTI Route Point to that. Would this work?

Please feel free to provide any other solutions that you think will work.

Thank you,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmm - you can not have a hunt pilot in the line group.

There are two options I can think of.

1) First is to have your old CTI-RP extension and the new attendant console extensions in one line group. You can then select the algorithm as broadcast under Hunt Pilot line group, if you wan to send the call to both consoles .

So you will have a new CTI-RP with call fwd all to a Hunt Pilot. That Hunt Pilot will have a line group containing all the extensions for old and new attendant console

But the drawback will be it will ring all extensions in the Hunt Pilot line group simultaneously - meaning both the old CTI-RP and all extensions for new console all at once.

2) Second option is using Single Number Reach. You can add the hunt pilot as the remote destination for the primary extension. This will send the call to the old attendant console and the hunt pilot simultaneously - hunt pilot will then hunt for the extensions as per configuration (it will not be broadcast, can be circular, top down etc. depending on your requirements). Drawback here is SNR will also consume an essential or basic license.

Others will also chime in with more options I hope.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any forward settings are bypassed for calls that arrive via a hunt pilot, you would probably need to use a hunt pilot to whatever destination you want, and then set the CFNA/CFB to the next destination.

Unless I'm not getting the exact behavior you're trying to get.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hmm - you can not have a hunt pilot in the line group.

There are two options I can think of.

1) First is to have your old CTI-RP extension and the new attendant console extensions in one line group. You can then select the algorithm as broadcast under Hunt Pilot line group, if you wan to send the call to both consoles .

So you will have a new CTI-RP with call fwd all to a Hunt Pilot. That Hunt Pilot will have a line group containing all the extensions for old and new attendant console

But the drawback will be it will ring all extensions in the Hunt Pilot line group simultaneously - meaning both the old CTI-RP and all extensions for new console all at once.

2) Second option is using Single Number Reach. You can add the hunt pilot as the remote destination for the primary extension. This will send the call to the old attendant console and the hunt pilot simultaneously - hunt pilot will then hunt for the extensions as per configuration (it will not be broadcast, can be circular, top down etc. depending on your requirements). Drawback here is SNR will also consume an essential or basic license.

Others will also chime in with more options I hope.

-Terry

Hi,

If I understand correctly, SNR is the way to go.

Terry,

Thank you for your response. I like your first solution, this is the behavior that I want. We need the extensions of all our receptionists ringing at the same time.

One more piece of information I forgot to add. Our main number comes into a CTI-RP which then cfwd-all to the old attendant console CTI-RP.

So with your solution I would have the main CTI-RP pointing to a hunt pilot containing a line-group which contains the attendant console CTI-RP and the extensions of the receptionists?

Matt

matthewmaia
Level 1
Level 1

So I got it working and SNR is the way to go. I created a Remote Destination Profile associated with a random extension. I forwarded our main number to this extension. Then I added two remote destinations for this profile. One of the remote destinations is the hunt pilot containing the extensions of the receptionists. The other destination is the CTI-RP for the old attendant console.

I'm not sure if this is default behavior but CUCM didn't allow me to use a four digit internal extension as a remote number. I had to use the full 10 digit internal number for it to work. If you wish to use this method you might have to tweak your call routing/translation patterns if CM gives you trouble.

Thank you for the input everyone! Hope this discussion helps others.

Thanks for the update. Yes thats the default behavior - you will need to tweak call routing (in your case) so that the call is routed properly and assign the appropriate re-routing CSS. Normally since this is used with mobiles or external number doesn't need any special route patterns.

-Terry