Views
Helpful
Replies

CTI route point Not registered

master002
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

In a call center environment, A CTI route point is configured to forward the incoming call to voice mail box, when the call center is closed.

When the agents try to retrieve the voice mail, they heard  “ ... extension xxxx is not available record your message …”   Currently on Call Manager admin web page, that CTI route point registration shows “ Unknown”.

I suspect the voice mail issue is related to the CTI route point.     Any idea to fix it?    (  already tried to reset/update the CTI route point)

I appreciate your help.

Master002

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like the CTI RP is used only as a relay to get to voicemail, so the registration unknown is expected here.

Seems like standard greeting is heard, so what is the issue here?

Chris

Yes, Chris.   CTI RP is used as a relay to get to voice mail.

The issue is, that the agents are unable to retrieve the voice mail.     

Here are the steps that the agents retrieve the voice mail:

1.  dial 4-digit DN,   (  for example: 1111,  which is assigned to voice mail pilot number)

2.  input  voice mail box number( 4 digit,  for example: 2222)

3. input password

4.  now they hear  “ ... extension 2222 is not available record your message …” 

Please advise.

This is expected as you are having them dial the extension to leave a message, to check messages you have couple of choices:

1. put the shared line on everyone's phone, this way they can simply select the line and press Messages to retreive the messgaes

2. Have them call into VM pilot press * and then sign in.

HTH,

Chris

sorry, the step 1,  the agents actually dial voice mail pilot number , then *  ,   step 2 & 3 show agents are signing in...

I don't have a chance to test on my side, all the informaiton are from the agents...... Any idea?   Thanks again,

Is this going to Unity Connection or Unity? Or somewhere else? Sounds like an issue with the mailbox itself.

This is going to Unity....Pls. help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: