Replies

CUBE & CUE DTMF Issue

mmrkoci92
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the following call flow:

PSTN - CUBE - CUE

on call leg between provider and CUBE I have g711alaw with dtmf in band, on call leg between CUBE and CUE I have g711ulaw and dtmf relay sip notify configured.

The call connects and transcoder is being invoked for alaw to ulaw but DTMF is not being passed from PSTN to CUE.

I did packet capture and I see DTMF arriving as inband voice signals to CUBE, so it looks like it's issue on my end.

I have attached sh run, and debug ccsip messages. I really dont know why this would not work.

Appriciate any help.

radio-cme#sh dspfarm profile 1
Dspfarm Profile Configuration

Profile ID = 1, Service =Universal TRANSCODING, Resource ID = 1
Profile Service Mode : Non Secure
Profile Admin State : UP
Profile Operation State : ACTIVE
Application : CUBE Status : ASSOCIATED
Resource Provider : FLEX_DSPRM Status : UP
Total Number of Resources Configured : 16
Total Number of Resources Available : 16
Total Number of Resources Out of Service : 0
Total Number of Resources Active : 0
Codec Configuration: num_of_codecs:5
Codec : pass-through, Maximum Packetization Period : 0
Codec : g711ulaw, Maximum Packetization Period : 30
Codec : g711alaw, Maximum Packetization Period : 30
Codec : g729ar8, Maximum Packetization Period : 60
Codec : g729abr8, Maximum Packetization Period : 60

7 Replies 7

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

According to the configs you have supplied, you have no DTMF relay settings configured on what looks like your inbound dial-peers (dial-peers 100 and 101).

Can you try adding the DTMF relay for rtp-nte on these dial-peers and test again please?

Good luck!

Scott

Hi Scott,

thanks for your reply. I have tried that but the result is the same.

Dont think it made a difference, debugs look exactly the same.

BR,

Matija

Hi Matija,

You could try adding sip-notify to the two incoming dial-peers in addition to the rtp-nte.

If that doesn't work, consider some of the advice in this thread:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cue-dtmf-issue/td-p/1987789

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott, yeah I tried that, and I saw this thread before, unfortunately none of the suggestions there works for me.

The problem in that thread turned out to be with provider, I would also like it if the problem is with provider, however when I do tcp dump on CUBE, on inbound interface to which provider is connected, I see digits arrive in RTP stream. So provider is sending in band DTMF to CUBE. From that I conclude CUBE is not reading those and transcoding them to sip notify and sending to CUE.

thanks for your help.

Hi

Do you still have the issue? Would you be able to replicate the issue and provide a packet capture / tcp dump of your test here?

Scott

Hi Scott, I solved the issue by configuring Cisco Unity express for rtp nte instead of sip notify. I don't have any experience with CUE, so at first I didn't know this is possible, but then I find out in some community post that it should support both, and I just changed it in CLI. I think CUBE can't transcode from in band to out of band like sip info or sip notify.

Thanks,

Matija

Ah ok, so you changed the dial-peer towards the CUE?
Fair enough, glad you got it working.