Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE and SRST

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

We have an ISR4331 gateway and I understand that from IOS XE 16.7.1 we can have CUBE and SIP SRST.

I am looking for some examples, since I am not that familiar with SIP multi-tenanancy.

Does someone have some basic examples for CUBE co-configured with SIP SRST?

Thanks

JH

8 Replies 8

Thanks for the reply

I need one SIP trunk and SIP SRST

I configure the one trunk with "voice class tenant 1" and then the normal SIP SRST?

Thanks

JH

That's not multi-tenancy. You are just looking to do SRST colocation with CUBE. Configure your CUBE and then add SRST configuration. That is all there is to it. Add global SIP bindings to cater for SRST. Add per dial-peer SIP bindings to cater non-SRST CUBE calls.

I read somewhere that the co-install of CUBE and SRST needed this confi

So, it is just upgrading to IOS XE 16.7.1 or higher and then configure CUBE and SRST

I shall do that

Thanks!

Jan

"voice-class tenant" is for multi-tenancy wherein you have multiple SIP trunks.
Correct, you need to be on 16.7.1 Fuji or higher to support SRST co-location with CUBE. You might already have CUBE configured if this is in production. All you need to do is add SRST config and ensure the bindings are correct.

Jan is correct on this one, it's not mandatory, but it is recommended to use voice class tenant to avoid conflicting configuration from what you need for SRST, and what the ITSP might need.

Review this Live session

SIP Trunking with Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE/vCUBE) Enterprise and SRST Co-location - BRKCOL-2125

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you all for your help

I shall follow the advice from Jaime and configure the voice class tenat

Jan

Hi,

we use isr4331 and sip-trunk. now we want to realize colocation sip-trunk with srst. did you finished your configuration , can you share your experiences ?

thanks 

regards

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: