Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE / CME template for FXO interfaces and phones

Angel_Inglese
Level 1
Level 1

Hi great people of this community ! 

I'm having some issues trying to configure 2 FXO interfaces in a cisco ISR designed for 2 things:

1. work as a CME registering phones for SIP protocol, it is completed !

2. route calls from/to 2 FXO interfaces. (this is the issue I'm facing, manuals are not as pedagogical as I thought).

do you have sample templates or suggestion in configuring this as best as possible? 

PD: please, be patiente I'm not a quick learner :) 

thank you very much !

5 Replies 5

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

This could be really handy for you. Go thru each section and also it has got the sample configurations.

https://www.voip-info.org/callmanager-express

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Angel,

You will need to configure dial peers for all the call legs of your device.  How are you setting up your router, is there a full CUCM that it connects to, or are you registering the phones directly to the CUBE?  You will need to create inbound and outbound dial peers to support bi-directional function for all of your calling.  Also, be sure to include the "direct-inward-dial" command to process incoming calls or they will just receive a dial tone once the incoming dial peer is matched.  HTH

Brad

Hi Angel,

You will need to configure dial peers for all the call legs of your device.  How are you setting up your router, is there a full CUCM that it connects to, or are you registering the phones directly to the CUBE?  You will need to create inbound and outbound dial peers to support bi-directional function for all of your calling.  Also, be sure to include the "direct-inward-dial" command to process incoming calls or they will just receive a dial tone once the incoming dial peer is matched. 

HTH

Brad

I did, all what you recommended !

but the FXO lines seems to have some issues with customer payment, but yes, it calls to 911, but no local nor cellphones and it doesn't receive calls,

looks like learning troubleshooting was also involved in learning collab :)

If you can only call 911, I wonder, have you set your Calling Party ID?  Are you doing any Digit strip or manipulation?  Can you post your Dial-Peers?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: