Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE codec filtering is disabled by default

Ali Amir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

we are facing one-way audio issue on hold and resume or conferencing scenarios.

When CUBE on one call leg gets an OK with only one code (Ex. g711alaw), it offers all the codecs configured on an outbound leg instead of offering only the filtered codecs. Codecs have been defined in voice-class codec (g711alaw and g711ulaw).

So in some cases other endpoint select g711ulaw then we have one way audio issue.

Unfortunately, I couldn't see any possibility to enable codec filtering again. We cannot remove g711ulaw codec from voice-class codec, because some our providers support this codec.

In Dial-peer, the "offer-all" option has not been configured for the voice-class codec.

Are you familiar with this behavior? Could we assume that this is a kind of Bug.

Current IOS: 17.7.1a

1 Reply 1

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,
What is the exact scenario? Who hears the remaining audio-stream? Have you used a packet capture to narrow down the point, where the voice stream is missing?

Have you activated the G.711alaw codec in the "Supported MoH Codecs" list in the "IP Voice Media Streaming App" service as an additional codec? This is not activated by default

Also: what I always activate in conjunction with CUBE and SIP trunks, is the "Duplex Streaming Enabled --> True" parameter in the Callmanager service parameter section.

And personally:
I don't think, it's a problem for the CUBE if one leg is codec 1 and the second leg has a different codec. Per default, both media paths are terminated on the CUBE and the RTP-packets are "forwarded" internally.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: