cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE Dual-attached to Nexus 7000 core

ncowger
Level 1
Level 1

I am implementing a pair of Nexus 7000 switches in our Core.  Because I have to exchange routes with our core on our CUBE routers I need to dual attach them, one layer 3 ethernet interface to each Nexus.  Currently my Call Managers point to the IP address of the internal ethernet port for the SIP trunk but that will not be an option if I want to dual-attach my rotuers.  Is there a recommended way to deploy this? 

Should I setup a Loopback interface and point to that?  If I do, will I have to bind the media and control to each dial-peer that points to Call Manager to that looback address with the voice-class commands?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then use global to bind to loopback for internal/CUCM binding and then on the dialpeers to/from ISP bind those dial-peers to the egress interface. This was all traffic to/from CUCM is bound to internal routable interface and all traffic to/from ISP is bound to routable interface for them.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, use loopback interface.

HTH,

Chris

So will I have to bind media and control to each of the dial-peers that point inbound to CUCM?

You can do global binding under voice service voip:

voice service voip

sip

bind control source-interface loopback0

bind media source-interface loopback0

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the reply!

If I do it globally it will not work to our SIP provider who will only trunk to a single IP on our outside interface.

Then use global to bind to loopback for internal/CUCM binding and then on the dialpeers to/from ISP bind those dial-peers to the egress interface. This was all traffic to/from CUCM is bound to internal routable interface and all traffic to/from ISP is bound to routable interface for them.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks!

ncowger
Level 1
Level 1

FYI. This didn't work. The SIP provider can only route to me external Ethernet interface. They cannot see the loop back

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

It is the usual problem when you have two disparate interfaces. The best option is not bind sip traffic to any interface on a

SIP to SIP CUBE, since it removes the listener from the external interface as its in your case. 90% of installs shouldn't need a SIP bind on SIP to SIP since the gateway willl source from the interfaces closest to the destination of the SIP packet.

I recently deployed a solution with disparate interfaces succesfully without any bind commands

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Well, I thought the same but Call Manager will not accept calls from the Gateway if I don't have a souce IP configured on my trunk on that side.  Unless it will let me add more than 1 IP (both internal ethernet addresses.)

Something else must be wrong..CUCM will accept calls from the gateway if the ff is true

1. The interface from which the call originates is the same as configured on the sip trunk in CUCM

2. The CUCM group configured on the device pool of the sip trunk contains the CUCM servers calls are directed to.

3. CUCM is reachable from the interface that originate sip signalling

Can you remove the bind commands...Ensure your SIP trunk IP points to the Local interface on the gateway or loopback if thats what you are using....

do a test call and send "debug ccsip messages"

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

No, I think I know what's wrong. I mistakenly thought that the CUCM SIP IP/SRV field could only have a single entry and I can in fact add the second internal IP address of the router.  I will test when I don't have active calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: