cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE HA with Multiple ITSP Connection on ISR4K

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to deployley CUBE HA with multiple services provider connection using with IS4K cube but Im confusing some point for this deployment.

Normaly I should use redundancy group instead of HSRP but I can not understand how can I do that for multiple trunk on WAN side.

I can see that figure 4 there could be possible for multiple itsp connection on ISR4k

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-high-availability-ISR4K.html

I need a help for cube ha deploymeny with multiple itsp connection with isr4k router but i think this could be resundancy group desiginnbut i can not understand how can i do that can you please find me example config or template if you can someone share their experince i will be very happy.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @KY_ 

members of the forum has shared you the doc which we also referred to deploy the solution for customers. you can ask the questions to clarify the doubts.

i respect to members who has shared you document links. I would like to give a try may be @KY_ finds what he is looking for...

Attached is design you can refer for understanding. This design is for single ISP with full redundant solution incl HW redundancy. You can do similarly in case of multiple ISP's considering the amount of SIP session Cisco ISR 4K routers aka CUBE supports (important).

1. ISP's terminates SIP trunk to your premise at their CPE / ISP Router. from the ISP Router extend cable to your NW switch.

Assume CUBE LAN gig 0/0 is UP and running. Both CUBE's RGinfra port should be on same LAN segment.

2. Connect CUBE gig 0/1 to NW switch. ISP-1 trunk and CUBE interface should communicate on same VLAN.

3. Connect CUBE gig 0/2 to NW switch. ISP-2 trunk and CUBE interface should communicate on same VLAN.

4. ISP-1 and ISP-2 both should be on different VLAN.

5. ISP-1 will provide 3 WAN IP address (2 * cube IP and 1 VIP for 2 cube). Same follows for ISP-2. Configure WAN IP's on CUBE.

6. Ask NW team to provide the CUBE LAN interfaces VIP and configure on LAN interface.

7. When you refer to configuration guide, make sure "rii" value you keep different for 2 ISP's as on L2 there will be loop. i faced this issue during my deployment.

8. I have tackled a situation where the ITSP does not support WAN VIP due to their capabilities. in that case you will not able to achieve CUBE-HA with RTP failover.

Note: You need to check with Cisco that 2 different sip trunks with 2 rg infra interfaces is supported on same CUBE pair.

You need to follow the configuration as explained in configuration guide shared you above. You can refer to URL shared by @stevenlandon which is very nice gives clarity on configuration part. If you aren't sure, then you need to consult the solution experts in your area as @Roger Kallberg said. 

Hope this information and diagram attached finds useful to you. Cheers.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

stevenlandon
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure i follow your question. The document you referenced explains how to do this.

Do you have a drawing of your connections to you ITSP/WAN?

My current topology is attached without HA now I want to make it as a HA

Looks like you need some sort of switch or L2 VLANs on the outside to allow each of your ITSP connections to connect to they're appropriate interface on both of the CUBEs.

I have L2 swtich for all itsp connection but i dont know how can I configure each itsp connection on cube  btw I'm not sure how can I configure Redundancy Group configuration each itsp ?

- Should i use sub-interface or separate interface on CUBE ?

- I think that I need to create separate rii for each ITSP but i dont know steps ? if anyone have similar configuran with this kind of deployment I will be very happy.

the original document you referenced shows how to do what you are asking here.

1. you need a switch.

2. create a separate, unrouted VLAN for each ITSP connection.

3. connect each ITSP to their respective VLAN

4. connect the CUBE to a single interface with sub interfaces for each VLAN or seperate physical interface for each.

Yes you will need a rii for each connection but they should all be in the same redundancy group

the steps are in the guide you referenced but here is another...

https://dmitrygolovach.com/cisco-uc-isr-box-to-box-redundancy/

HTH

Hi

I have already read this guide, but i just need example deployment guide for multiple ITSP connection with HA deployment on ISR4K

The documents referenced in this post contains the information you ask for. What is it specifically that you feel that you can’t find in any of these that you seek clarity for?

If you don’t know how to complete the task at hand with the accurate information available maybe you aught to seek assistance from a reputable Cisco UC partner to help you with this?

Response Signature

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @KY_ 

members of the forum has shared you the doc which we also referred to deploy the solution for customers. you can ask the questions to clarify the doubts.

i respect to members who has shared you document links. I would like to give a try may be @KY_ finds what he is looking for...

Attached is design you can refer for understanding. This design is for single ISP with full redundant solution incl HW redundancy. You can do similarly in case of multiple ISP's considering the amount of SIP session Cisco ISR 4K routers aka CUBE supports (important).

1. ISP's terminates SIP trunk to your premise at their CPE / ISP Router. from the ISP Router extend cable to your NW switch.

Assume CUBE LAN gig 0/0 is UP and running. Both CUBE's RGinfra port should be on same LAN segment.

2. Connect CUBE gig 0/1 to NW switch. ISP-1 trunk and CUBE interface should communicate on same VLAN.

3. Connect CUBE gig 0/2 to NW switch. ISP-2 trunk and CUBE interface should communicate on same VLAN.

4. ISP-1 and ISP-2 both should be on different VLAN.

5. ISP-1 will provide 3 WAN IP address (2 * cube IP and 1 VIP for 2 cube). Same follows for ISP-2. Configure WAN IP's on CUBE.

6. Ask NW team to provide the CUBE LAN interfaces VIP and configure on LAN interface.

7. When you refer to configuration guide, make sure "rii" value you keep different for 2 ISP's as on L2 there will be loop. i faced this issue during my deployment.

8. I have tackled a situation where the ITSP does not support WAN VIP due to their capabilities. in that case you will not able to achieve CUBE-HA with RTP failover.

Note: You need to check with Cisco that 2 different sip trunks with 2 rg infra interfaces is supported on same CUBE pair.

You need to follow the configuration as explained in configuration guide shared you above. You can refer to URL shared by @stevenlandon which is very nice gives clarity on configuration part. If you aren't sure, then you need to consult the solution experts in your area as @Roger Kallberg said. 

Hope this information and diagram attached finds useful to you. Cheers.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Ritesh Desai

Probably you are misunderstood to me, I'm trying to verify my configuration especialy  WAN and rii configuration each of itsp connection.

As your explained your last messages, if itsp is not support  WAN VIP deployment that RTP HA won work on my CUBE ? if i understand correctly.This could be ITSP limitation.

- We will have 3 IPs each of ITSP (ITSP 1 and ITSP 2) may be another ITSP could be 3rd party pbx.

Thanks for your detailed and useful explanation.

Hi,

Yes, its ITSP limitation.

When you say “

- We will have 3 IPs each of ITSP (ITSP 1 and ITSP 2) may be another ITSP could be 3rd party pbx.

For 3rd party PBX, if you are setting up unauthenticated SIP trunk, i suggest you create from CUCM to 3rd party.
In this, you will avoid adding load on CUBE and also save license cost.
BUT
If 3rd party provides you authentication based SIP trunk then you have to levy CUBE for that solution.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Satish

Can we use single switch for RG interface for cube 1 and cube connectivity ? 

I mean that cube 1 and cube 2 can connect  over one SW for control and RG interface ?

Thanks

Yes, you can BUT you indeed land into single point of failure. If switch goes down then total impact.

Also, for single ISP design, LAN, WAN and RGInfra interfaces will have different VLAN's and same for ISP-2.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Sou,

please see attached for your reference, this is already in production, this sip provider in our country runs through a private wan to connect to their sip servers(sbc) no authentication neededed for sip.

the connectivity between to P.E's are in diffrent vlans as i don't running 2 broadcast network in a single vlan.

this setup is already in production

(2-units of ISR 4321) with cube std 30 license each.

i missed RED-XXX licensing so i have to play with eem scripts and i found it very handy :)

fyi. depends on your itsp requirements you should have similar setup like what i did

just add RED-XXX licensing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: