cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE License transfer from one router to another

LibinBenedict
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running our CUBE on 2921 router with 3* (L-FL-CUBEE-100=) for 300 sessions. I am planning to upgrade the CUBE hardware to 4000 series (I have a spare) with the latest IOS to use it also for the Teams Direct Routing. Can I use the existing 3* (L-FL-CUBEE-100=) license or do I need to purchase a new license for use on the 4000 series? As per my understanding, these are RTU licenses.

Thanks and regards,

Libin Benedict

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

L-FL-CUBEE-100= has reached EOL. if you are in version 12, you have option to upgrade to 14.

Capture.PNG

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-border-element/eos-eol-notice-c51-742123.html

Cisco announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life dates for the Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) Classic Licensing Offers (RTU). The last day to order the affected product(s) is June 15, 2019. Customers with active service contracts will continue to receive support from the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) as shown in Table 1 of the EoL bulletin. Table 1 describes the end-of-life milestones, definitions, and dates for the affected product(s). Table 2 lists the product part numbers affected by this announcement. For customers with active and paid service and support contracts, support will be available under the terms and conditions of customers' service contract.

Table 1.       End-of-Life Milestones and Dates for the Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) Classic Licensing Offers (RTU)

Milestone

Definition

Date

End-of-Life Announcement Date

The date the document that announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life of a product is distributed to the general public.

March 15, 2019

End-of-Sale Date
License

The last date to order the product through Cisco point-of-sale mechanisms. The product is no longer for sale after this date.

June 15, 2019

Last Ship Date
License

The last-possible ship date that can be requested of Cisco and/or its contract manufacturers. Actual ship date is dependent on lead time.

September 15, 2019

Product Migration Options

Customers are encouraged to migrate to the current Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) Smart Licensing offer, by ordering a CUBE-T-STD (standard) or CUBE-T-RED (redundant) license for each session. Both CUBE Trunk licenses are available to purchase either as part of a new Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) 4000 series configuration, or separately using the top-level L-CUBE. Customers require a Cisco Smart Licensing account to use the current CUBE licensing offer. Information about Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) can be found at: https://www.cisco.com/go/cube.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

They are RTU up to the point where you start using Smart Licensing on your routers where they become a pool of license I believe.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Do I need to upgrade my current CUBE licenses (CUBE IOS is 15.5(3)M5) to the current set of licenses you mentioned or do I need to purchase fresh licenses?

Or Can I continue using the paper licenses I have currently for the new 4331 as well?

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

L-FL-CUBEE-100= has reached EOL. if you are in version 12, you have option to upgrade to 14.

Capture.PNG

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-border-element/eos-eol-notice-c51-742123.html

Cisco announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life dates for the Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) Classic Licensing Offers (RTU). The last day to order the affected product(s) is June 15, 2019. Customers with active service contracts will continue to receive support from the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) as shown in Table 1 of the EoL bulletin. Table 1 describes the end-of-life milestones, definitions, and dates for the affected product(s). Table 2 lists the product part numbers affected by this announcement. For customers with active and paid service and support contracts, support will be available under the terms and conditions of customers' service contract.

Table 1.       End-of-Life Milestones and Dates for the Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) Classic Licensing Offers (RTU)

Milestone

Definition

Date

End-of-Life Announcement Date

The date the document that announces the end-of-sale and end-of-life of a product is distributed to the general public.

March 15, 2019

End-of-Sale Date
License

The last date to order the product through Cisco point-of-sale mechanisms. The product is no longer for sale after this date.

June 15, 2019

Last Ship Date
License

The last-possible ship date that can be requested of Cisco and/or its contract manufacturers. Actual ship date is dependent on lead time.

September 15, 2019

Product Migration Options

Customers are encouraged to migrate to the current Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) Smart Licensing offer, by ordering a CUBE-T-STD (standard) or CUBE-T-RED (redundant) license for each session. Both CUBE Trunk licenses are available to purchase either as part of a new Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) 4000 series configuration, or separately using the top-level L-CUBE. Customers require a Cisco Smart Licensing account to use the current CUBE licensing offer. Information about Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) can be found at: https://www.cisco.com/go/cube.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Does it mean that I can continue using the RTU licenses I purchased for 2921 CUBE for the new 4331 CUBE as well?

Thanks and regards,

Libin Benedict

You cannot use 29xx license on 4xxx. You need to get new license.  Isr4xxx cube license are mentioned in my previous reply. 

New license will be using smart account, where all your license will be deposited on your smart account.

And there is nothing mentioned  about  migration for the license part number  you mentioned to latest on the data sheet. 

Response Signature

As it's a RTU license there would be nothing technically that actually would stop you from using the license from a 29xx device on a 4xxx as there isn't anything needed to be loaded into the gateway. It's just a piece of paper. Possibly bending the rules for licensing somewhat for sure yes. As stated before when or if you take the leap to smart licensing this would change as it's no longer a RTU license.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin and Roger,

Thanks for your responses.

I was also able to find the below link which mentions about my current licenses L-FL-CUBEE-100= as EoL:

This means that I would need to order new CUBE-T-STD or CUBE14-T-STD based on which version of CUBE I am going to use - v12.8 (IOS XE 17.2.1) vs v14 (the latest with IOS XE 17.3.1) with Smart Licensing with a minimum of 1-year SWSS contract.

Thanks,

Libin Benedict

Go through the data sheet and based on your usage select the right license with SWSS and better to  go with the latest version . 

you don't have  to order smart  license. when u place order for new license, the Disti/Cisco  will request you the smart account. smart account is basically your customers Cisco ID, but some steps need to completed to make it smart.  once provided  the license will be deposited  on the smart account. you add the router as an instance in smart software license  portal using the token which u generate.

The smart account will look like below.

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 8.16.30 PM.png

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: