Views
Helpful
Replies

Cube not responding to SIP invite from Call Manager 4

cnorton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys!

Good day! Hope someone can help me with my dilemma involving an ISR router and a very old call manager. We are in the process of migrating several of our centers from PSTN to SIP. Most of these centers are using old Cisco call manager version 4.1, which is not a problem since their cube gateways are mostly 3845 routers. Now, one of the centers have a new Cisco ISR 4351 router which has a uck9 license. I have configured the SIP trunk on the cisco call manager and pointed it to the public ip(reachable from the ccm and phones) of the router. Inbound calls are working however outbound calls do not. I noticed that on my ccsip messages debugs, the ccm keeps on sending invites to the router but it just ignores these messages and sends no response to the callmanager. Now, is it possible that the CCMv4.1 is not compatible with the isr4000 router? If not, am i missing some commands to force the router to reply to the sip invites from the callmanager? Attached are the debugs and running configuration of the router. Please note that the config works on a ccmv4.1 and 3845 voice gateway set-up.

Thanks in advance and i promise to rate all useful tips! =)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

EU UC Support
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It is possible that Toll prevention is kicking under IOS 15.1 here.  Try adding the following:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/112083-tollfraud-ios.html#t3

Try the following as a test and then if they works follow the example in the above link to tie it down to specific address / networks

voice service voip
 ip address trusted list
  ipv4 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All CCM 4.x versions were long EOS/EOL when the 4XXX first released, there was no testing whatsoever (meaning that it's not officially supported), and even before CUCM 7, the SIP capabilities were very limited, compared to what now you get on 8.6+

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

EU UC Support
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It is possible that Toll prevention is kicking under IOS 15.1 here.  Try adding the following:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/112083-tollfraud-ios.html#t3

Try the following as a test and then if they works follow the example in the above link to tie it down to specific address / networks

voice service voip
 ip address trusted list
  ipv4 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Hi EU UC Support, I tried this and it worked! I was puzzled because i checked this before i posted here and im pretty sure the necessary ip were already added. And then i realized that our firewall is Natting the ip of the ccm to a public ip before it reach the voice router. I already amended the needed configurations so everything is working now. Thanks a lot for your help!

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe there may be an issue here with the router itself. If inbound calls work, then it means that the ISR4351 is successfully sending sip message to CUCM4.1 and the CUCM processes it correctly. Apart from additional attributes and extensions, the SIP message sent to the ISR is basic and I don't see anything in there that should create any issues.

I would suggest that you do the following..

service sequence-numbers
service timestamps debug datetime localtime msec
logging buffered 10000000 debug
no logging console
no logging monitor
default logging rate-limit
default logging queue-limit

Then..

<Enable debugs, then test again.>

debug ccsip all

<Enable session capture to txt file in terminal program.> (such as Putty)

then do the ff:

terminal length 0
show logging

Attach the output of the debug ccsip all..

There shouldn't be any compatibility issues for basic calls, where you may have issues is with advance call handling because your cucm will be limited in the sip capabilities it can support

Please rate all useful posts