cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE pairs in HA mode (application redundancy, not HSRP) with media resources on both of them

tdudas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

Can anybody help me out with the following question?

If there is a CUBE pair in HA mode configured (one is active, other is standby), how the media resources would work?

Can both of the CUBEs media resources (XCODE, CONF, MTP) to be registered with CUCM, by using the physical IP addresses of each CUBEs? (Virtual IP would only be used for SIP trunk to reach PSTN via SIP provider.)

I'm afraid only the active CUBE's media resources would be registered...

Many thanks in advance for your time and help!

Regards,

Tibor

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tibor,

From media resource perspective you should be able to configure them on both the CUBEs and register to CUCM simultaneously.

Manish

Agree with Manish -

Create different names in each CUBE (eg. CUBE_XCODE_1 and CUBE_XCODE_2) and add both to CUCM.  You cannot use the same name in each CUBE or they will cycle between registered and unregistered with CUCM.

If the CUBE is deployed in HA fashion only one set from the active CUBE will register as both CUBEs are bound to the same redundancy group IP address.  Even if you build another interface on the CUBEs and define different media resource registration names only one will register at a time (from the active CUBE).  This is working as design.

AFAIK, it will work as Chris says, had a discussion with the BU about this and they confirmed that you would only be able to get the resources registered from one CUBE. As that would affect any call that uses those resources in the event of a failure, it's best to have the PVDMs in a dedicated router.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie and All,

Can the DSP capacity to be extended by the SM-X-PVDM modules? Unfortunately none of the modules can be selected in DSP calculator so calculation can not be done with this.

Seems there are some limitations for faxing (codecs are not supported).

Is there any difference in the configuration?

Can this be registered with CUCM as a normal media resource?

Many thanks,

Tibor

Sorry for the 2nd/repeated comment, it was just not showing up, I thought could not send the fist one...

Hi Jamie,

Many thanks for your reply!

Just a quick question back:

I can see there are additional DSP modules available for ISR 4xxx: SM-X-PVDM, but the only way of listing them with DSP calculator as result of DSP requirements if there is any E1/T1 module also selected.

Does it mean, if I want to extend the DSP capacity just by adding SM-X-PVDM without any E1/T1 module will not be recognised/work?

Many thanks for your time and your kind help!

Regards,

Tibor

+5 Chris

JB

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi tdudas,

refer this URL. May this help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DRYAjJYeuU

regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: