Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE : Questions regarding using a gateway to connect to SIP trunk

nirmalissac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

One of our clients has the requirement to connect a IP SIP trunk to the gateway. Currently we use only PRI/ FXO/FXS for PSTN access. They provided the SIP provider's IP address and credentials. I read that for any IP to IP gateway connection, we need CUBE.

My question is,

Is CUBE just a license? Or do we need to have any updation in IOS for all those features?

If just license, then do we need to install license in router? Or just paper license, yet to be enforced. Because I would like to trial run the configuration before paying Cisco.

I read Cisco documents, and i did not get any clear picture. They talk about buying licenses bases on sessions. That means number of concurrent calls right?

===========================================

Router model : 2951

Cisco IOS Software, C2951 Software (C2951-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.0(1)M5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

HQ-2951#show license feature

Feature name             Enforcement  Evaluation  Subscription   Enabled

ipbasek9                 no           no          no             yes 

securityk9               yes          yes         no             yes 

uck9                     yes          yes         no             no  

datak9                   yes          yes         no             no  

gatekeeper               yes          yes         no             no  

LI                       yes          no          no             no  

SSL_VPN                  yes          yes         no             no  

ios-ips-update           yes          yes         yes            no  

SNASw                    yes          yes         no             no  

hseck9                   yes          no          no             no

4 Replies 4

nirmalissac
Level 1
Level 1

FYI, we are using Call Manager 7

thank you

Hi,

CUBE is a feature license and you need a UC license (technology package license) installed in your router before CUBE feature function.

CUBE license is designed to allow a specific number of simultaneous sessions (calls) you need to support on your router (i.e. if you need to support 25 calls/sessions you should purchase FL-CUBEE-25). These CUBE license are Paper Right To Use (you don't have to install it) and you can begin using the feature upon receipt of the Right to Use Notification.

Note that, per the show license feature command, your router doesn't have a UC license enabled.

Hope to help, please remember to rate the post if it does.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Hi Nirmal,

In addition to what Mr. Adrian has said, please refer this Q and A link of CUBE which answers most of the queries.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/gatecont/ps5640/prod_qas09186a00801da69b.html

regds,

aman

Thank you both for the information (+5)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: