Replies

CUBE redundancy with SIP to SIP with ITSP interface down

Tom Ribbens
Level 1
Level 1

We have the following setup:

CUCM --- SIP --- CUBE --- SIP --- ITSP

|---------SIP----- CUBE --- SIP --- ITSP

The CUBE has 2 physical interfaces, one for each call leg. When the interface is down on the ITSP side, outgoing calls fail.

Ofcouse, this is because CUCM still thinks the SIP trunk is up (which, for CUCM it is), but CUBE then doesn't know what to do with the call.

What is the recommended solution here? What I can think of, is a dial peer with lower preference towards the second CUBE. But if it would somehow be possible to tell CUCM that that CUBE is no longer to be considered active, that would probably be a better solution.

CUCM is version 8.6, CUBE is running latest IOS.

Can somebody please point me in the direction of where to look? Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tom,

The only option you have is the first option. Configure a second dial-peer to route calls to the second ITSP. There is nothing you can do from CUCM point of view because CUCM is not even aware of that sip trunk to the ITSP....

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

It would be a nice feature if CUBE could be configured to stop replying to sip options ping packets on a certain trunk, when another sip trunk is down (also detected using sip options ping). But as I gather, this functionality, or something that achieves the same result, does not exist?

That doesnt exist now and I dont know how that will work CUBE will respond to options ping from an ingterface it is configured to respond to. You can have option ping on both dial-peers to CUCM and ITSP. When ITSP is down, CUBE takes down that dial-peer and reroute the call to another gateway if you have configured a secondary dial-peer

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"