cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE Setup on PAETEC Dynamic SIP (MPLS)

KT4RJN
Level 1
Level 1

I am adding a SIP trunk at our main site for overflow from PRI, in order to offer Softphone features to our employees who work remotely. The SIP trunk terminates on our MPLS connection existing on a separate router from my MGCP Gateway. Both our MPLS Router and MGCP Gateway are Cisco 2821 Routers. I originally setup the CUBE on our MGCP Gateway. It registers with the PAETEC SIP server just fine. However, I am unable to make calls inbound or outbound on the SIP trunk.

I do have the SIP Trunk configured in CUCM to point to the Provider's SIP Server, as well as Route Patterns and CSS setup. I had this working on outgoing calls before.... now I get nothing.  Only thing that has changed is that I upgraded the IOS per Cisco TAC recommendations.  I've had trouble getting in touch with my engineer, so I thought I'd post up here while I wait.

PAETEC says they get a 404 not found error from my router when they try to send calls down the SIP Trunk. I suspect this is due to the line terminating on a separate router (MPLS Router) from my CUBE (MGCP Gateway).

Forgive me, I'm fairly new to SIP, but I know it is supposed to be simple.....

running the following debugs and testing call gets nothing with Terminal Monitor enabled:

Debug ccsip message

Debug voip ccapi inout

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Jonathan Beardsley

- Jonathan Beardsley
3 Replies 3

KT4RJN
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering if I should just scratch this entire setup and setup the CUBE on my MPLS Router, thus using separate gateways for each PSTN Connection (PRI and SIP on separate Gateways).

- Jonathan Beardsley

- Jonathan Beardsley

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jonathan,

I do have the SIP Trunk configured in CUCM to point to the Provider's SIP Server, as well as Route Patterns and CSS setup. I had this working on outgoing calls before.... now I get nothing.  Only thing that has changed is that I upgraded the IOS per Cisco TAC recommendations.  I've had trouble getting in touch with my engineer, so I thought I'd post up here while I wait.

If your sip trunk is ointing directly to your sip provider server, then you wont see any logs on the CUBE..I suggest you configure your sip trunk from CUCM to point to the CUBE then configure dial-peers on your CUBE both inbound and outbound dial-peers to use SIP as the protocol...Your outbound dial-peer will be pointing to your provider

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Both SIP trunks (7.11 and 7.29) are pointing to the CUBE. I'll have to check my dial peers a little later. I'll update once I am able to check them.

- Jonathan Beardsley

- Jonathan Beardsley