Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE SIP Trunk to ITSP

CSCO12060329
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am planning on deploying a CUBE SIP to SIP Trunk to an ITSP in the near future. I have created a sample config on my CUBE device, and I was hoping that someone with experience implementing this sort of thing might be able to take a look at my config and let me know if I am missing anything. I would greatly appreciate any feedback. Please see config attached to this post.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Staurt,

Here are a few thoughts for you..

conf t

voice service voip

sip

early-offer forced

header-passing

error-passthru

2. Your Bind command is applied to your loopback interface..The question is, is the ip address on this loopback routable to your ITSP. If your ITSP cant connect to this IP, then there will be issues

3. Is there any reason why your preffered dtmf is sip-kpml...even if you want to use this, it should be a backup..so i suggest you change your dial-peers to have rtp-nte as primary dtmf

dial-peer voice 101 voip

destination-pattern 818[489]......$

voice-class codec 1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:X.X.X.A

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-kpml

4. Plan for Faxes. If you have faxes in your deployment, ensure that if your ITSP does not support T.38 you configure appriopraite dial-peers to use G711 for fax calls....

Just my 2 cents

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you! I will definitely look into modifying my config according to your suggestions, and I will update this thread once I go live on the SIP trunk.

Did you even end up going live? I have a 2821 at home with IOS 15 and am wanting to use it for terminating a ITSP session for use in my home environment. 

I've attached a sanitized version of my final config to this post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: