Replies

CUBE

aheredia05
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, 

Could you help me to clear this doubt?

We have an ISR router configured as CUBE in our HQ,

Could we use this ISR to make calls to another Bussines's Offices over the internet?

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In that scenario, you typically use a VCSe on your end as well to communicate B2B, so you will have trouble finding cisco design guides for this. CUBES use dial peers, so that is pretty much the only way to point to the remote VCSe. VCSe's on the other hand use DNS zones and resolve the remote destination to route calls to by means of SRV records,

apart from that, you will need to do static NAT to point to your CUBE and VCSe and open your firewall up for RTP and ports 5060 and 5061.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

yes you can make calls to another Bussines's Offices over the internet.

you can make IpSec tunnel to another Bussines's Offices over the internet and make phone calls inside encrypted tunnel or without encryption

and dont forget to rate post

Hi Tagir,

¿Could I make a call between a site with CUBE for B2B to another site with Expressway for B2B?

Thanks for your answer.

the scenario that Tagir describes does not necessarily apply to you. Your scenario is between a VCS-expressway and a CUBE.

VCSe is essentially a device that is fully SIP capable, and sits within a DMZ. so let me ask you this. do you intend to have your CUBE have internet connectivity? Theoretically you can use CUBE to communicate with a VCSe ,yes.

In all fairness, if it is business to business communications you are after; use VCS-expressway  

He Dennis,
Thanks for you answer.
Yes, The CUBE have internet connectivity but Behind a Firewall.
This is the scenario we want to achieve:
CME -> CUBE -> Internet <- Expressway <- CUCM
Do you have any config example for this scenario?

Thanks a lot for your Help.

In that scenario, you typically use a VCSe on your end as well to communicate B2B, so you will have trouble finding cisco design guides for this. CUBES use dial peers, so that is pretty much the only way to point to the remote VCSe. VCSe's on the other hand use DNS zones and resolve the remote destination to route calls to by means of SRV records,

apart from that, you will need to do static NAT to point to your CUBE and VCSe and open your firewall up for RTP and ports 5060 and 5061.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd suggest you review this

https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=2516

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the Link Jaime, It's a great presentation,

So if I want to make a call the other bussines with CUBE, they must to have a CUBE router too?

Just talking technically, outside of Best Practices.  With my  CUBE , can I make calls to other site which has Expressway deployed (they don't have CUBE)?

Thanks a lot for your answer.