cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBEs, transcoding and media flow around.

filipequintela
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Is it possible to have media flow around and transcoding at the same time or is it mandatory to have media pass though configured?

I'm looking for a way to have all my endpoints talking P2P and have media pass though only if it's necessary trasnscoding. I have this necessity since i'm trying to integrate with other technologies that aren't CISCO.

Any advices would be great and thanks in advance.

BR,

Filipe             

1 Reply 1

Paul McGurn
Level 6
Level 6

I haven't tested this, but this doc indicates it's possible to configure flow-throgh/flow-around at the dial-peer level.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb-gw-sipsip.html#wp1324447

The catch is that you wouldn't be able to have the CUBE determine whether the call needs a transcoder or not.  You'd need to know those requirements beforehand, and create a dial-peer matching strategy to encompass the various scenarios you're looking to drive.

So if the CUBE is connecting a specific platform to another specific platform, you could match it with the dial-peer, and then use that media flow-around config for it (or not, as appropriate).

If you need to make this determination on-the-fly, I don't think it's possible, and doing it per endpoint wouldn't really scale well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: