Helpful
Replies

CUC 10.5 in cluster secondary not taking calls

feisalb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I am running cuc cluster 10.5 on be6k

I recently enabled a UK locale as a default locale and then stopped the "conversation manager and connection mixer services on both the primary (sub) and secondary (pub). After doing this I tried to ring the vm pilot and got a message saying "temporarily out of service". I tried this immediately

after and it connected to CUC. So every other call to unity fails.

I  rebooted both servers and got the same result.

I changed the primary to pub and secondary to sub. Changed the route list on cucm to reflect this. Changed the order of the ports so that the the 1st 24 ports where the pub and the 2nd 24 as the sub

This did not make a difference. If I "stop taking calls" from the cluster management page so that only the primary (pub) is taking calls it works fine.

If I reverse this and the secondary (sub) is taking calls and the primary (pub) has stopped taking calls then calls  unity fail.

Critical services are always activated on whichever box is the primary with the seconday only having the converstion manager and notifer active.

The only way of getting the user to succesfully get to unity is to stop taking calls on the subscriber so that the publisher is the only one active.

All ports  are are configured to anser call, mwi and trap.

Any ideas why the subscriber will not take calls?

Thanks

Feisal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Feisal,

that's strange because I have a couple on BE6k installation and both with a UCNx cluster with italian language.

All works a treat.

I would double check the language package installed on secondary server.

Please let us know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you checked the sccp ports on the subscriber. are they all registered? Have you checked the conversation manager service that its running..If all these are fine then I will suggest that you use RTMT to collect the unity connection conversation manager traces to see what's going on..

You can post here

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

Adding a tip to what suggested by my buddy Deji (+5 D.), you can also check that the Voice Mail line group on CUCM, includes also VM ports of secondary UCNx server.

Please let us know

Regards

Carlo

Sorry, this is a sip integration.

I have collected the traces connection conversation manager from both devices.

sub -secondary is the one that fails and has ports 25 to 48

Thanks

Feisal

Hi Faisal,

Did you install another language on Unity Connection?

Here what i've found on Sub logs

2437,SIP_CUCM10-1-045,A68B79F63B2F4C7C9174148677059ACD,ConvSub,-1,SubSignIn_RunStart: SubSignInPrecheck: Video Call [Src/SubSignIn.cpp:128]

11:25:44.559 |2437,SIP_CUCM10-1-045,A68B79F63B2F4C7C9174148677059ACD,PhraseServer,-1,(MultiUse.cpp) Script: SubSignIn_ENG.ps (Init) -- Could not open file $FILE:/SubSignIn_ENG.ps

Try to restart conversation manager service.

Please let us know

Regards

Carlo

Hello All

I have reset all the servers in the cluster and still get the same issue.

I reverted back to the US language and it works fine now. (God bless America ;) )

The UK  eng locale is on both servers so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Looking at the 10.x system requirements it states:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/requirements/10xcucsysreqs.html

Seems to work if you have US eng language.

Thanks

Feisal

Hi Feisal,

that's strange because I have a couple on BE6k installation and both with a UCNx cluster with italian language.

All works a treat.

I would double check the language package installed on secondary server.

Please let us know 

Regards

Carlo

Hello Carlo

Double checked and it seems the language cop file is only on the pub and not the sub. So you are correct. 

I will update once we have managed to load the file on.

Thanks

Feisal

Uploaded the screenshot of the ports in service