Views
Helpful
Replies

cuc 11.5 call handler

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

hi all,

i am trying to configure the call handler which is to play welcome message and directly transfer to the reception without any user input. but if you the extension they can dial it. but i need help on how to create that handler to transfer to he reception if there is no input from the user end.

thanks

cyril

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Cyril,

I would use 2 Call handlers to accomplish this. Use the first one for the "Welcome Message" where the greetings reside & can be easily changed and then use the After greeting Action to transfer to the second Call handler. On this one you can set it with no greeting recorded and use the transfer setting to route to the reception DN.

Cheers!

Rob

can you send me screen shot which transfer setting. i tried with options trnasfer rules in the second call  handler. for some reason my extension dailing also not working its going diretly to that particular user mailbox. even i checked restriction table as well.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Cyril,

I am not at work right now so sadly I can't send you any screenshots :(

For the first issue (transfer from Call Handler #2) can you make sure that the Transfer setting being used is the Alternate setting which overrides all others (and is active) also check the CSS of the VM ports (if SCCP) or SIP trunk CSS.

For the second issue of transfers going straight to the user greeting rather than ringing the phone, this is controlled by this user setting (must choose Extension);

Transfer Action

Transfer Calls To: Greeting
Extension

On the User> edit> Transfer rules

You can set this on the User template for future users and use Bulk edit to change for existing users

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: