cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 7.x Call Handler Help

jafetters
Level 1
Level 1

My company will be moving into a new building and will have new phone numbers.  We want to forward our main # to a message stating "please note the number to XYZ has changed to xxx-xxx-xxxx", then once the message plays, transfer the call to the new main #.  What is the easiest way to accomplish this?  There are several main #'s that we may need to do this on, so the easier it is, the better.  Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's pretty much the way to do it.

Is the forwarding of the old number a temporary thing?  Sometimes you can have the provider playback that type of message ("you dialed the old number, the new number is...")

Or, just port the number permanently if you're in the same area code.  A lot of times with office moves and new provider contracts  you'll get a new block of DIDs but you can just port over the old main number.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

If you're talking about a new DID, then you won't really have an option as calling the old number won't connect to CUC. 

But, if the number did ring CUC, create a call hander, don't allow any caller input while the greeting plays, and have the handler transfer to the call handler for the new main number.

Thanks for the reply.  We are planning on having the telco forward the old # (which is ported to an Avaya PBX) to the new DID which is ported to CUCM.  The only way I can think to do this is to build a "dummy" call handler to forward the old number to, play the greeting, then forward to the main # which will be on physical phones. 

That's pretty much the way to do it.

Is the forwarding of the old number a temporary thing?  Sometimes you can have the provider playback that type of message ("you dialed the old number, the new number is...")

Or, just port the number permanently if you're in the same area code.  A lot of times with office moves and new provider contracts  you'll get a new block of DIDs but you can just port over the old main number.

Yeah, it's only a temporary thing.  After about 2 weeks, we were going to disco the old #.  I'll give our provider a call and see if they can set something up for us.  That would be less work for me.  I appreciate your help!

No problem.  I'm always hitting these boards looking for help and I like to lend a hand where I can.

Good luck!