cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC LDAP Authentication Issues

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to set up LDAP authentication on Unity Connection 8.6.2 so that my CUPC users can get their voicemal on their CUPC clients (CUCM and CUPS are both LDAP integrated). 

I am using the exact same AD username, password, and search base that I use with CUPS and CUCM but it doesn't seem to be authenticating.  Here are my settings:

LDAP Setup:

Checked Enable Syncronizing

Server Type:  MS AD

Attribute:  sAMAccountName

Directory Configuration:

Identical setting to CUCM and CUPS (both of which work)

Authentication:

Identical setting to CUCM and CUPS (both of which work)

When I go into a user's password setting area I get a generic message saying that for LDAP integrated users, only the Voicemail Password settings will apply so I know CUC realizes I've set up LDAP integration.  It just refuses to use it.  Is there something that I'm missing?  Do I need to somehow flag a user as being LDAP integrated?

3 Replies 3

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I should add that the DirSync service is activated and running.  I have restarted it just to be safe. 

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

From the sounds of it you are coverting an exsting standalone/CUCM import users to use LDAP?

Are you able to import a new use from AD?

I think I figured it out.  I had to export all of my users and copy the "alias" field to the "ldapccmuserid" field and reimport them as an "update" for "users with mailboxes".  That converted them to LDAP users.  I just assumed it would automatically convert the users when I set up LDAP (like it does in CUCM).  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: