cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC SIP Integration Goes to Default

refram
Level 3
Level 3

We have a CUCM cluster attached to a CUCM SME cluster which is associated with a Unity Connection pair.  All devices are at ver.10.5.2.13900-12.  We have SIP trunks between the leaf cluster and the SME and between the SME and Unity Connection. When logging in to Unity Connection we can reach the user's mailbox, but when we try to leave a message, we get the default sign-in greeting.  Port status monitor shows no redirecting ID is received, but we have the redirecting diversion header delivery box checked both inbound and outbound on all trunks.  What could I be missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The next step I would try is to reproduce and then pull SDL traces from the SME cluster. Does the SIP INVITE from the leaf cluster include the Diversion header? If yes, does SME include the Diversion header toward CUC? That would help you narrow who is misbehaving here.

Also worth noting that there are two Redirecting Number checkboxes: inbound and outbound. For this call flow the leaf cluster side of the SIP ICT would only need outbound checked but the SME side would need the inbound option ticked so it doesn't discard the Diversion header.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you reset all of those trunks after ticking the “Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery” checkboxes?

Thanks for the response. Yes I did reset all of the trunks.

The next step I would try is to reproduce and then pull SDL traces from the SME cluster. Does the SIP INVITE from the leaf cluster include the Diversion header? If yes, does SME include the Diversion header toward CUC? That would help you narrow who is misbehaving here.

Also worth noting that there are two Redirecting Number checkboxes: inbound and outbound. For this call flow the leaf cluster side of the SIP ICT would only need outbound checked but the SME side would need the inbound option ticked so it doesn't discard the Diversion header.

Ah-HAH!  The old inbound redirecting diversion header trick.  That is, indeed, what did it.  Thank you sir.  Five stars for not only knowing the answer, but also for giving it to me over the weekend.