Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCE at main site and SRST at remote site

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I have CUCE (CallManager Express 7.0) running on 2900 router at main site.

Branch site IP phones are registered to main site CME across WAN link.

Can I have SRST at branch site for main site CME in-case WAN link goes down?

or srst is only possible with CUCM?

Pls. clarify.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

DearJason

Link what you sent shows: SRST with CallManager Device pool. We dont have CallManager. What we have is CME 7.x on router 2900.

The IP address of the Cisco Unified CME router  must be registered as the SRST reference on the  Cisco Unified Communications Manager device pool.

Question is : Can we have SRST at branch site for the CME 7.x/8.x at Central site? (Again we dont have server based CallManager -CUCM)

Pls. clarify.

Hi Rajesh,

It sounds like you have a branch site that are registered to a CME router across the WAN and you'd like to know if you could implement SRST for these phones incase the WAN goes down.  If that's the case then you'll be deploying a CME/SRST capable device at the branch site.  Why not deploy another CME router at the branch site, and move the branch phones to that CME and set up a voip dial-peer to your main-site CME router.

Hi

One option is go with CME at branch.

Since we want centralized call processing for better administration as well as resorce utilization.

Can we deploy CME at central location and SRST at branch incase WAN link goes down?

Would you pls. send me document on which CME version onwards supports SRST across the WAN?

I could not find it on cisco site.

Pls. suggest.

Thanks

As far as I know the only deployment model for CME is to have branch sites running CME as well.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/models.html#wp1045528

I believe SRST is a CUCM only feature, not with CME.