Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCILync 9.2 functionality query

amritesh.anand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have few queries with respect to CUCILync 9.2, after the succesfull integration I have following doubts.

1. Does it only show presence information on CUCILync client or Lync client as well.

2. Can I not make calls using Lync Client, or it is only through CUCILync client.

3. Call history only available on CUCILync client not on Lync client.

4.  Instant Messaging Predictive search only on CUCILync client

I have also attached the test report.

Is this the way CUCILync 9.2 behaves or we are missing anything in the integration to make it function correctly. Please suggest.

Regards,

Amritesh Anand

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. both

2. you could make it from Lync but the call would have nothing to do with Cisco, and would be routed by Lync assuming enterprise voice is enabled on Lync, this would only cause confusion and you would need to integrate Lync server with CUCM via SIP trunk.

3. Lync is only used for IM here, CUCILync is what allows you to make calls using Cisco UC infrastructure, so you are not making any calls with Lync, but CUCILync

4. Lync supports it to my knowledge as well

I think you are missing the fundamental understanding of the purpose of CUCI-Lync, the purpose is to allow a company to utilize Lync for IM and Presence and Cisco for telephony, and at the same time integrate the 2 to extend the presence and telephony to both via CUCI-Lync which is an add on to Lync, but the telephony functionality is using the Cisco side.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

1. In my case I am getting presence information only on CUCILync Client 9.2 when the IP Phone goes off hook, not on Lync Client. Is there anything that I am missing in the configuration to get this done.

2,3,4. Enterprise Voice is not enabled in Lync, In previous version of Lync 8.5. CUCILync was installed as a plugin to the Lync but in version 9.2 it is installed separately like a Jabber Client. So I am not able to call from Lync client using Cisco IP Telephony, calls can only be made from CUCILync client.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amritesh Anand