Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC help!!!

huntl
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all NetPro gurus,

One of my existing clients are currently using Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2.  They are currently using CUCM 8.6 but they don't have any Cisco Presence server and all their users are using Windows 7. 

My client is interested on using Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Office Communicator (CUCIMOC) and they have the following queries:-

1.     I know CUCM 7.x supports CUCIMOC.  But does CUCM 8.6 works / supports CUCIMOC as well??

2.     Does CUCIMOC works on Windows 7?? Any patches on Windows 7 required and if so, any pointers on which patches my clients need?

3.     Without Cisco Presence server, does CUCIMOC work and does it lose any features without Cisco Presence that the end user will experience??

Thanks so much and would greatly appreciated if anyone can shed some lights on this.

Cheers,

Hunt

3 Replies 3

Hi Lebedev,

Thanks for your reply.

But unfortunately my client is using MOC (Office Communicator), and they are unwilling to upgrade to the new Microsoft Lync 2010 server.  And hence why they are wondering on those 3 areas and see if it will work for them.

Cheers,

Hunt

I have worked with CUCI-MOC and CUCI-LYNC with CUCM 8.5, not sure about CUCM8.6 I would think it should work on 8.6 as well. The difficult part is configuring the registry file that comes with the install zip file from Cisco. Once you set it up it works well. It uses basic LDAP for directory and such. You need to run the Registry file and i.e. copy it into your Windows 7 PC Registry before installing the Plugin. Not sure why Cisco made the install that way they did.

You dont need presence to update Presence status to MOC. But it wont show as "On the Phone" it will show up as "Busy" when you go off hook. If you want it show I beleive the Windows Team needs to add custom presence status and map it, I am not familiar with that portion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: