cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.1 - getting error when adding or updating a phone

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

We just upgraded from 8.5 to 10.5.1 last weekend.  Have an issue when trying to add or make changes to a phone that the following error occurs:

"Add failed.  The Insert privilege is required for this operation"   I do not get this error but the client service desk does.  I mimic my permissions with one of the client services desk and had them try again and still no change.  When they make a change, the change does save.  However adding phones is not allowed resulted in the same error.

Anyone else run into this?

16 Replies 16

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

Either Publisher is down or DB replication is broken with it. When we change any configuration, the changes will be written on the publisher and it replicates it to the subscriber even if the changes were done on a subscriber webpage.

Thank you,

Shadi

Please mark the question answered if your inquiry is answered.

Publisher is not down and DB Replication is not broken.  Also ran the DBreplication repair and no change.

Is the user able to delete phone or do u get similar error message?

regds,

aman

Unable to delete a phone too.  Receive this error:  Delete failed. No DELETE permission for registrationdynamic.

Hi, did you maybe manage to solve this issue? I also have the same problem, publisher is up, DB is OK, but I can't change almost anything in configuration.

Thanks, Dragan

Hello,

This issue has to do with the version I was on - 10.5.1 if I remember correctly. I had to upgrade to 10.5.1 SU1.  I was checking my email string with TAC.  A work around was also an option w/o having to go to SU1 which I think we tried but still did not resolve. Ultimately it was upgrading that fixed it. The email string did not provide any specific bug information however.   I am running 10.5.1.11900-13 now.  Hope this helps. 

Hi,

I was just going through the bug and found if u are trying to do some changes from SUB and CUCM version is 10.5.0 .

Series of issues with User/Phone Add submenu on Subscriber.
CSCun08633

Symptom:
Page Layout Preference and Quick Phone user pages broken

Conditions:
1)Login to CCMAdmin from Subscriber.
2)Access the path User Management->User Phone/Add.->Page Layout Preference->Universal Device Template
3)In Universal Device Template.. any operation performed followed by save results in following error
Add Failed -Insert Privilege is required for this operation message is displayed.
4)Same error scenario can be seen on Universal Line Template as well.
5)Further in Quick User/Phone Add page,
populate the last name, user id and select default Feature Group Template and make an attempt to save the configuration by click on Save button.
UserID and Last Name fields data go missing/disappear and Feature Group Template field gets replaced by User Profile field.
6)Upon saving the config again..user gets created with User Profile details rather than Feature Group Template.
7)Further Users added via Quick User/Phone Add cannot be deleted and below mentioned message is displayed..
Delete failed. No DELETE permission for device

Workaround:
All the Operation performed can be done without any issues on Publisher

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks for the answer. I was trying to make changes on PUB directly however. I am about to try an upgrade, as Troy suggested to see if it helps.

Regards, Dragan

You can also open the TAC case before doing the upgrade.

regds,

aman

Hi Troy,

I've solved the issue by upgrading to 10.5.1SU1, as you suggested.

Thanks a lot!

Regards, Dragan

Hi Dragan

Have you try deleting other object like dn/ route pattern etc and see if that works.. Add new dummy device and then try deleting. 

Regards

Lavanya

Hi Lavanya,

Sorry for the late reply...I've tried with adding new device and I got the message "Add failed. The Insert privilege is required for this operation." Thanks anyway!

Regards, Dragan

Javier Morales
Level 1
Level 1

We upgrade from 9.1 to 12. and have the same issue

the upgrade was finished a couple of hours ago

dbreplication looks good, however, we get the message "Add/Update/Delete not allowed due to system upgrade." every time we want to save a change

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: