cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.2 Extension Mobility and CCX 10.6.1 agents

Mark Verwey
Level 1
Level 1

I have extension mobility working on my CUCM 10.5.2 system.  Now I need to use it for one of my CCX groups.  I haven't found any documentation that says I cant do this I just haven't been successful setting it up.

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, this is supported. Make sure all phones that might use EM are associated with the UCCX RM user and the agents have the EM profile assigned.

Brandon

I understand how to add the EM settings to each of the phones that agents will be able to use.  What I'm not sure how to do is associate each agent under End user where you associate the extension to the agent so that CCX will recognize them.

User Management > End User > Find user. Add EM profile to Controlled Profiles. Choose extension from IPCC Extension dropdown.

It was already set like that, because some of the phones have 2 separate numbers assigned to them.  .I have a 7841 phone, I configured it as a generic phone with a random number in our system.  I created a Phone Service for the Extension Mobility.  Next I created a Device Profile for a user, and assigned the extension to that DP.  Then went to User Management/End User, looked up the user.  On that page under Device Information, if the phone wasn't using EM I would have added the device in Controled Devices but I don't have anything there or listed as Available Profiles.  I do have in the CRO Controlled Devices Profile the Device Profile I had created earlier. Then under Extension Mobility I have the same Device Profile in Controlled Profiles, Then in Directory Number Associations I have the Primary Ext and IPCC Ext as the same.  The next section is Mobility Information, I checked the Enable Mobility but not the Mobile Voice Access.  The rest of the settings weren't changed from defaults except for Permissions Info.  Their I have a Standard CCM End User with a couple or Roles assigned to them.  Then back to the Device/Phone, I enabled Device Mobility in the Device Information box.  Then under the Extension Information box I checked the Enable Extension Mobility.  If the user is logged into the EM ext the Current End User Profile shows the end user profile that I created.  The Current Device Profile shows the DP that I created for that EM agent.If the agent has logged out then only the Extension Information, Enable Extension Mobility is checked and all other fields are blank.  If the agent logs into the phone its good the phone becomes that persons extension as if they are assigned that device.  THen they go to Finesse and attempt to log in and they get the following error:  "The device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid."  I'm stuck at this point, did I miss something?

I'm not sure I follow what you wrote. I can tell something is wrong in a couple of spots, but like I said, I can't follow it 100%. E.g., "...I don't have anything there or listed as Available Profiles" but yet you also said "I have extension mobility working on my CUCM 10.5.2 system" So, I'm not sure how you can have both a working EM config, and not see any available profiles.

Also, try formatting your text so that it's maybe bullet points, or separated into paragraphs pertaining to each step in the process. The big wall of text makes it hard for me to keep it all straight.

Maybe include some screenshots to support your text. For example, when you said "...and assigned the extension to that DP." I can't tell if "the" in that sentence is referring to the aforementioned "random extension" or a new extension. But if I saw screenshots, it would help tell the story.

At the end of the day, if you know how to configure EM, then allowing an Agent to use EM is simply a matter of associating the EM profile to the RMCM Application user. Nothing more.

So, start by giving EM to an Agent (forget logging in to Finesse/CAD for the moment). If that works, then have the Agent logout of EM first. Then associate the EM Profile to the RMCM app user, then have them log back in, and then login to Finesse/CAD.

That should be it. Of course, assuming you didn't create a stuck situation where UCCX is confused about which phone/ACD ext the user is associated to. This can happen, and sometimes you need to delete all of that user's config and start over.

Or maybe just start from scratch with a new test user to prove your process without the worry of prior messy config getting in the way.

Actually, you may be surprised to find out, that you do not add the phones to the RMCM user at all.

"The Extension Mobility (EM) profile needs to be associated with the RmCm user and the physical phones that the agents may be expected to use should not be associated to the RmCm user."
Source: UCCX Administration Guide