cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 & 2911 Gateway PRI Individual Line access ?

Kent Drugge
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 - 2911s with 2 each NM-4VWIC-MBRD / VWIC3-1MFT-T1E1-T1  ( 4 PRIs - 92 lines)

Is there any way for me to selectively choose a line to make a call out ?  Dial 9 of course grabs the first available line from the back end to make a call.   Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't, they're bundled together, you can only choose the PRI, but not a specific channel to use, nor reserve them.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure what you're trying to do here, are you trying to choose a specific PRI to be used, depending on who calls?

HTH

java

Hello Jaime,

I've done this on other systems, but I want a dial access of some type that lets me choose which line in the PRI for me to call out on. Call Manager is still rather new to me and I don't know if that is something it will allow me to do. I want to do a test call out on each line of the PRI's. 

Best you can do is to tell them to dial a certain prefix + number, and then, route as desired.

If you're using MGCP, then associate the RG/RL to each route pattern as required, drop the prefix in CUCM.

If you're using H.323, I prefer the approach to send the calls with the prefix, match the dial-peers with the prefix and take advantage of the fact that exact digits are dropped for POTS dial peers. Create matching dial-peers with the prefix in the GW, and route through the desired PRI.

HTH

java

I'm not sure what you can route to? That is my issue, on the 2911 there is one card or endpoint S0/SU0/DS1-0@myorg - this has the PRI connection (RJ45) with 23 channels / lines in it. It's not like individual analog FXO ports - 1 port =1 line that you can access. The RG would be S0/SU0/DS1-0@myorg, But there's 23 lines in there. How would I get the one I want?

You can't, they're bundled together, you can only choose the PRI, but not a specific channel to use, nor reserve them.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: