Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 - Debuging Call

Ayaz Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Looking for a way to debug a voip call from RTMT in real-time.  I want the ability to isolate a single call and see it real-time.  If anyone knows how please let me know.

Thansk,

AK

3 Replies 3

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

I am not sure about that unless you are looking at the voice gateway / CUBE.

However once you enable traces, download them and then try to use Translator X (translatorx.cisco.com) and then you can isolate the call and look in to the greater depth like nothing before.

HTH

You can do this only for calls over SIP trunk. H323, MGCP, SCCP calls can't have real-time traces per call.

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

What do you mean "see a call in real-time"? Do you want to see the call flow through CUCM? (e.g to see what gateways, MTPs, route patterns, etc, it's using?)

Unfortunately, CUCM doesn't appear to have any way to pick out an individual call and see how it's flowing through CUCM. You can only get the information afterwards either via the CDRs (Which doesn't show everything about a call) or by looking at the CallManager traces (which are not the easiest of things for a novice to read on a system)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: