cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 LDAP

neo.martinez30
Level 1
Level 1

If I sync our current active directory to CUCM 10.5, will it delete or cause any problems to the existing end users?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if you phrased this wrong, or if that's actually what you want, but the sync is only one way, CUCM syncs to the LDAP info. You do not sync LDAP to your CUCM.

Assuming that the userID you have in CUCM matches an LDAP user, it will turn into an LDAP user, and will be updated, any users that do not match, will remain local users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime

Iif the userID in CUCM is different from the LDAP user, the local users will remain, are we then still able to edit those local end users in 10.5? I know that in previous versions, we could not edit the local end users after after synchronization ...

In Version 10.x you can have both on CUCM. If you get to the end user page you will see the status of a user. It is either a LDAP user or a local user. both can be managed.

But you are right in older version you could only have one type not both.

Eike

I have a question, when you have a LDAP sync with the CUCM with authentication on the LDAP,

Can i connect my local user to Cisco Jabber ?

Yes

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: