Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 PAB and Fast Dials access

gmartindell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are migrating users from an 8.6 cluster to a new 10.5 cluster.  In 8.6 we had department based PAB and Fast Dials.   These were configured as services and subscribed to phones.   All works fine in 8.6.  I have 2 problems in 10.5:

1. When we configure the same service http://X.X.X.X:8080/ccmpd/login.do?name=#DEVICENAME#&service=fd in 10.5, this no longer takes users directly to the Fast Dials page.   Instead it takes users to the Personal Directory.   From here users can select option 2 to access Personal Fast Dials.   Is there a new URL in 10.5 that we need to use that we take users directly to Fast Dials?
  2. Fast Dials can no longer be configured from the user pages.   We can add PAB entries and then from a phone manually add them from PAB to Fast Dials.   Is there an easier way to add Fast Dials in 10.X?

Thanks,

Glenn

4 Replies 4

chribble
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Issue #1 is a bug; CCMPD is incorrectly sending the user to the main CCMPD page whenever the user is already logged in, regardless of which service they request. I don't know if there is a CDET yet, but the same issue has been reported recently on an internal issue tracker and the development team is working on a fix.

Issue #2 ... not sure there is anything that can be done. CCMPD is pretty much the only way to configure this data in 10.x. You might consider using speed dials, instead, which are configurable in the Self Care Portal (and can be unified across devices).

From what I can see you can only configure Fast Dials from the handset and not CCMPD?

I'm having this problem to.  

Stafford - yes the fast dials can be done from the phone itself but when you add one it only takes the number and you can't enter a name from the phone. 

I'm in the same position Glenn is in sort of with a client that has a large user base of 7825 wireless phone users that used fast dials per user and department.  Speed dials and Abbreviated Dial aren't replacement as they work differently and limited compared to what they are used to on the 7825 wireless phone. 

Does anyone know of a third party tool to edit the fast dials via web interface in 10.x or alternate way from phone to add (or edit) entry and specify the number and name?

sps210001
Level 1
Level 1

We are also having this same exact problem. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: