cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 Self Provisioning Variable Masks possible?

nick.marus
Level 5
Level 5

I'm playing around with Self Provisioning in 10.x to see how viable it will be for increasing efficiency phone roll-outs. So far it seems very capable and promising. However, one minor thing I am stuck on is the variables in the Universal Device Templates. I have it mostly figured out but there seems to be a big feature missing here.

These seem to be all the variables available:

#FirstName#
#LastName#
#UserID#
#Email#
#Department#
#Manager#
#PrimaryExtension#
#Extension#
#LineIndex#
#DeviceName#
#Product#
#Protocol#

All of this makes sense, but I am challenged with the #PrimaryExtension# and #Extension# variables. I am still looking for a way to mask this to 4 digits in the variable similar to the way Prime Provisioning does.  i.e "%XXXX%"

This becomes a need as most of my new installations are going in as e.164 dial plans with a full +1NXXNXXXXXX number as the DN on the phone. However in this type of config, the phones are typically still line-text-label'd and dial-able internally to their specific location as the last 4 or 5 digits of their e.164 number through a location specific translation pattern.

Any idea on how to get around this or mask it?

6 Replies 6

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

Also interested in an answer - such a feature would be great when using shortened forms of first names on line text labels (such as "N. Marus 4545").

Justin Lenhart
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find these variables in documentation? If so could you please share?

franknienhaus1
Level 4
Level 4

I change our dial plan to E.164 at the moment and have the same issue.

Is there a solution to display only the last 4 digits in the description instead of the complete number.

Thanks ...

Think I just hit the same issue and found out that you can import varable length numbers in just putting a longer mask into the LDAP config. So, mask XXXXXXXXXX does import all the following numbers correctly and as soon as there is a + in front of the LDAP number, the \+ is also created successfully.

+491234567

+4912345

So, in just putting 18 times X into the mask you sould be able to import any number.

Frank

shh5455
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone figured this out?  Have a +E.164 dial plan, but need line text label to show 6 digit extension.

Did you test to put just XXXXXX into the line text lable?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: