cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 Self Provisioning Variable Masks possible?

nick.marus
Level 5
Level 5

I'm playing around with Self Provisioning in 10.x to see how viable it will be for increasing efficiency phone roll-outs. So far it seems very capable and promising. However, one minor thing I am stuck on is the variables in the Universal Device Templates. I have it mostly figured out but there seems to be a big feature missing here.

These seem to be all the variables available:

#FirstName#
#LastName#
#UserID#
#Email#
#Department#
#Manager#
#PrimaryExtension#
#Extension#
#LineIndex#
#DeviceName#
#Product#
#Protocol#

All of this makes sense, but I am challenged with the #PrimaryExtension# and #Extension# variables. I am still looking for a way to mask this to 4 digits in the variable similar to the way Prime Provisioning does.  i.e "%XXXX%"

This becomes a need as most of my new installations are going in as e.164 dial plans with a full +1NXXNXXXXXX number as the DN on the phone. However in this type of config, the phones are typically still line-text-label'd and dial-able internally to their specific location as the last 4 or 5 digits of their e.164 number through a location specific translation pattern.

Any idea on how to get around this or mask it?

6 Replies 6

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

Also interested in an answer - such a feature would be great when using shortened forms of first names on line text labels (such as "N. Marus 4545").

Justin Lenhart
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find these variables in documentation? If so could you please share?

franknienhaus1
Level 4
Level 4

I change our dial plan to E.164 at the moment and have the same issue.

Is there a solution to display only the last 4 digits in the description instead of the complete number.

Thanks ...

Think I just hit the same issue and found out that you can import varable length numbers in just putting a longer mask into the LDAP config. So, mask XXXXXXXXXX does import all the following numbers correctly and as soon as there is a + in front of the LDAP number, the \+ is also created successfully.

+491234567

+4912345

So, in just putting 18 times X into the mask you sould be able to import any number.

Frank

shh5455
Level 3
Level 3

Has anyone figured this out?  Have a +E.164 dial plan, but need line text label to show 6 digit extension.

Did you test to put just XXXXXX into the line text lable?