cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5: User Device Profiles provisioning possible?

Marc Richter
Level 1
Level 1

Recently we've Upgraded our CUCM Cluster from 8.6.2 to 10.5 to gain some new features. In the feature list there is a lot of stuff for provisioning and making admin things easier. Right now, if there is a new employee in our company, we manually create the specific UserDeviceProfile for this user and make the settings needed, but it's more or less some standard procedure, which in my opinion, can be created by a template for example.

The phones itself will still be manually created as we need to assign the company logo to the background, installing certificates and stuff like that, which can't (can it be?) be done remotely.

In 10.5 I've seen that under "User Management - User/Phone Add" there are some points where to define different templates. So is there any way in automatically create the user device profiles, for example if the user has been created in the MS Active Directory with the proper filds (ipphone, name, ...)? I haven't found a manual for this scenario (just for the self-provisioning with IVR, which I don't want)

Thanks in advance :)

2 Replies 2

fdelgado5
Level 1
Level 1

Please take a minute "literally" to review this product:

http://www.akkadianlabs.com/cisco-provisioning-in-40-seconds/

LDAP or Local user with Multi Devices not a problem, enjoy.