Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10 - 7821 Phones slow dialing

fodermat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear team,

We are setting up a new install with CUCM. Yesterday we downloaded the latest SU - CUCM 10.0.1 SU2, and latest 7821 firmware - 7821 10.1.1SR2.

7821 phones register with no problem, but it takes up to 15 seconds to dial an internal extension, registered on the same CUCM. Whether the destination is a SIP/SCCP phone doesn´t matter. It´s like KPML isn´t working, or the dialed number isn´t recognized as an internal extension. The only way I have found to achieve inmediate dialing is marking a route-pattern with the "Urgent Priority" tag. But this is not possible for internal extensions, of course.

Is there any KMPL or digit timeout tuning I should configure on the CUCM? I haven´t found any related parameter in the Service Parameters.

Thanks

Javi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Happy to hear you got this resolved! Please mark the question as answered to assist others and rate any helpful post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

So it is possible this is happening because you have an overlapping route pattern. I may be jumping to conclusions here, but if this indeed is a new install and your phone are waiting for the default interdigit timeout period (15 seconds) this may be the case.

Actually had something similar I was troubleshooting the other day.

To verify this first look at the Dial Number Analyzer and see if when you dial the number from the phone number you are attempting to dial if you are indeed hitting the interdigit timeout.

Once you have verified that you are matching the interdigit timeout, look for the overlap.

If you are not hitting interdigit time then this is not applicable.

Let me know if this helps

Greg

Thanks for your reply Greg.

I´ve already checked DNA and there are no alternate matches. Dialing same extension number from a 7962 SCCP phone works inmediately.

Any other thoughts?

Actually I do not. If it works from another phone type immediately and the DNA does not show it waiting for interdigit timeout then my thought is that it is indeed something specific to that phone type.

Do you have any other SIP phones that are acting this way?  If not I would recommend calling TAC.

Just a quick update:

The problem was a Translation Pattern with wildcards expecting 9 digits. I configured that afterwads and didn´t remember about it! As soon as I removed it, the 7821s started to call straight.

Not sure why this wasn´t affecting the SCCP phones.

Thanks for your support on this one, Greg.

Happy to hear you got this resolved! Please mark the question as answered to assist others and rate any helpful post.