cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10 Barge/CBarge with shared line between phone and a remote device

deviafinalnd
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure CBARGE/BARGE feature if shared line is between a cisco phone and a remote device.

When remote device picks up the phone, red light comes up on the phone, if we press the line button to Cbarge, dial tone comes up and the call does not go into a conference.

Has anyone used that feature? Can it be configured?

6 Replies 6

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the cBarge work if both phones are IP phones? Does this phone where cBarge is pressed have an MRGL that has access to a conference bridge?

yes  shared line on 2 Cisco phones, CBARGE works fine.

actually I have shared line between 3 devices

2 phones  and 1 remote device

If I answer the call on 1 phone I can CBARGE from another

but if call is answered on  remote device CBARGE does not work from any of the phones

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A remote device as in?? Another location?? a mobile??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

(in my case MS Lync connected via sip trunk)

we tried a mobile as well, same thing

Are you using SNR to have Lync ring at the same time?

I don't think cBarge would work in that scenario.  Potentially may work if CUCM can send a refer to transfer the call to the conference bridge.  Probably worth collecting CallManager traces to see how it tries to handle that scenario signaling-wise.

We are using Lync for tesing purposes.

we tried scenario with Remote device as a mobile phone.  Where calls are being sent through SIP trunk to CUBE and then to our provider. Maybe I should add some commands on CUBE router?

Is that feature (CBARGE) designed to work in that scenario when shared line is answered via remote device on CUCM 10.5.1.10000-7.  I am suspecting that its not designed to work that way (If its designed to work that way, we will continue on with collecting traces, etc). 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: