cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10 Line & Device Template Tags

martyn.rees
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone have a list of the tags that can be used when creating universal line & device templates in CUCM 10?

The interface gives a few examples for first name, surname, userid, etc, but I beleive that there are other manual entries that you can type in yourself, but I can't find a list of them anywhere to reference.

For example for the alerting ID on a line I might want to use "line number - Firstname Lastname" or something like that, but the options for using the line number for example aren't available.

6 Replies 6

Ellen Kennedy
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this working? I am having this same issue and cannot seem to figure out what the Line Number tag/token would be.

Thanks,

EK

No, I raised a TAC case, and despite giving examples of documentation from PEC training that shows that you can use others, they stated that they didn't exist or work, despite being in the training and working.

#PrimaryExtension# and #Extension# are both valid tokens. I have used #PrimaryExtension#, but have not used #Extension# so I am not sure what the difference is between the two.

I saw this list elsewhere and have used most of these. I am still on the hunt to find out if there are additional usable tokens.

#FirstName#
#LastName#
#UserID#
#Email#
#Department#
#Manager#
#PrimaryExtension#
#Extension#
#LineIndex#
#DeviceName#
#Product#
#Protocol#

I see you are still awesome! Thanks Maren this is the high level info I was just looking for!

~Mac

Does anyone know if this list has been expanded in version 11.0 of UCM?

I'm looking to use the Display Name field which is imported from LDAP as the Display Name and Alerting Name on the devices created using Universal Line/Device Templates...

I've tried #DisplayName# but it doesn't work - maybe the Tag is there just called something else?

thanks!

cogden
Level 1
Level 1

Wonder if this works?

#FirstName# #LastName# (#Product# #Protocol#) - #PrimaryExtension#

For the extension?

I think it requires that the user has their primary extension already configured though, and so, if they do not have a controlled device assigned yet because they do not have a phone, then how does one assign a primary extension to the user in the first  place?

Oh - you need to assign a device - which rather defeats the point does it not?

Marbles lost long ago, blame them I suppose.

ChrisO