Replies

CUCM 10.x - Locale

Hemalkumar Shah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Country - Australia

After Call Manager 10.x installation, I have installed following file

Cisco Unified Communications Locale Installer10.0.1.1000-1 Combined Network Locale Installer for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 10.0  

Now my question is by default call manager installs (US) Locale. 

SO do I required to install any other locally for country Australia? And  combined Network Locale installer overrides default (US) Locale?

Thanks in Advance

Hemal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hemal,

If you need network tones for countries which have no supported User Locale yet, you will need to apply the Combined Network Locale Installer on every CUCM server. User locales are produced individually and are specific to a language and country combination. Network locales are generally produced as a single package intended to cover all supported countries. Network locales may be referred to as combined network locales.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cucm-phone-locale-installers

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hemal,

If you need network tones for countries which have no supported User Locale yet, you will need to apply the Combined Network Locale Installer on every CUCM server. User locales are produced individually and are specific to a language and country combination. Network locales are generally produced as a single package intended to cover all supported countries. Network locales may be referred to as combined network locales.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cucm-phone-locale-installers

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish,

When we install Cisco call manager doesn't it by default install user locally (ENG-US)?  

After default installation I have installed Combined user and  Network Locale on cucm cluster. 

As I installed combined user and network locale after CUCM installation, does that mean I required to re-install user locally (ENG-US) again?  

Above question arise because of following issue:

when I am dialling csim start (XXXX)  where XXXX is the internal call manager number from voice gateway 3925 ,  it woun't ring the phone.  

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Manish is correct (+5), for user locales (i.e. soft key template languages, annouciator languages) you need user locales with are downloadable individually for specific language/country.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: