Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.X: manipulating called number based on calling number

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

we have a CUCM 10.X, and we would like to know if we can get this kind of manipulation: if the calling number XXXX calls 3000, the real called number is 4000XXXX.

That is, we would like to manipulate the called number based on the calling number.

Is it possible to get that with only the CUCM?

TIA and regards.

16 Replies 16

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use translation  patterns for this. probably the easiets way to achieve it.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hello Dennis,

what we would like to get is to translate the called number based on the calling number. Is it possible with a regular translation pattern?

Regards.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you looking to change the caller ID only when 3000 is called from any phone or specific phones in specific range?  

Hello Chris,

here's some examples to be more clear:

• if if the calling number 2000 calls 3000, the real called number is 40002000;
  • if the calling number 2001 calls 3000, the real called number is 40002001;
  • if the calling number 2999 calls 3000, the real called number is 40002999.

In other words, as written in the first post: if the generic calling number XXXX calls 3000, the real called number has to be 4000XXXX.

Regards.

OK, is this only required when 3000 is called or a specific range or all other internal numbers?

We need this manipulation only when the original called number is 3000.

The create a TP 3000 in new partition which is listed above the phone's partition on all other CSSes, then apply new CSS to this TP that only has access to this new partition. On this TP add calling party transformation accordingly to prefix the digits.

We need to manipulate the called number, not the calling number...

I can be done with translation patterns using the "Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number" field. The instructions are below (off the top of my head, so double-check my work). The process is the same as that for blocking inbound PSTN calls based on callerID. You can google that and see diagrams, etc.

1) Create 3000_PT, and create a 3000_CSS with 3000_PT in it

2) Create translation pattern in your standard partition with a match pattern of 3000

- Set CSS to 3000_CSS

- Check box for "Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number"

3) Create translation pattern in 3000_PT with a match pattern of 2XXX

- Set Called Party Transformations > Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) to 4000

- Set the CSS to a CSS that can get to 40002XXX

4) Create another translation pattern in 3000_PT with a match pattern of ! (catch all other CLID)

- Set the CSS to a CSS that can get to the original DN of 3000

5) Create one more translation pattern in 3000_PT with a match pattern of <null> (empty CLID)

- Set the CSS to a CSS that can get to the original DN of 3000

Hello Maren,

I have tried the configuration that you have suggested, but I always get "40003000" as a called number...

Regards.

You are getting the exact behavior that I thought you asked for when you said: "We need to manipulate the called number, not the calling number..."

But now that I re-read your post, I believe you are asking for:

User Calls 3000

Change Called Number to be 4000+CallerID, instead of 3000.

Is that right?

If that is the case, I can't think of a way to do this in CUCM natively. Sorry.

Yes, that's what we want to get...

Then instead of changing the calling party transformation use "Called Party Transform Mask" or "Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls)".

so yeah, if the phone that has calling number/extension 2000, it dials 3000, the add a partition to the CSS f calling number/line that translates 3000 into 4000200. its really that simple.    

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.