Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.x - Problem about Register 3905 with SRST

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have the solution with CUCM 10.x. In specific site when the main link down, the IP Phone go to SRST mode, but, when return the link, the IP Phone 3905 stay in SRST and not came back. The reset about CUCM don´t solve. Any IP Phone worked after turn off and turn on (physical), anothers not. Appear can problem about network, but, I not get identify where are the problem. The IP Phone are the last firmware version.

Same without register the IP Phone are answering the ping. There are not problem about firewall.

Any have idea about this?

Thanks,

Wilson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

Is the phone still registered to the SRST Gateway?  Its almost like the Phone is unable to communicate back to the TFTP which essentially is the reason why it would stay in the failback mode.

I am also assuming that the phone is on a voice VLAN which in the DHCP pool has option 150 or option 69 configured.

Please, let me know what the phone is doing. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

Is the phone still registered to the SRST Gateway?  Its almost like the Phone is unable to communicate back to the TFTP which essentially is the reason why it would stay in the failback mode.

I am also assuming that the phone is on a voice VLAN which in the DHCP pool has option 150 or option 69 configured.

Please, let me know what the phone is doing. 

Hi Bodbol,

Thanks a lot for your answer. The DHCP scope is correct with option 150 configured. Now, what command is possible to use to verify registered SRST about gateway? This environment already worked previously.

Thanks,

Wilson

If its a SIP Phone, you can use "show voice register pool all" and it would show you the status of your phone if its in SRST. But keep in mind, this command should be done on the SRST Gateway. If you know the specific voice register pool, instead of all, use the number. 

is the Phone registered to the CUCM or to the SRST Gateway?

Hi Bodbol,

In this site there are another models about IP Phone, but, the IP 3905 is the most that is presenting this problem. I run the command "show voice register pool all" and there are IP Phone 3905 that not is register in CUCM and appear in this command, and there are IP Phone 3905 that not is register in CUCM and not appear in this command. We have more or less 50 IP Phones are without register.

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Bodbol,

We found the problem about network configuration, to be more specific in Switch.

Thanks a lot for your Help,

Regards,

Wilson