Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.0.1-21900-11 - Choppy MOH / Annunciator Messages

I am having a strange issue with one of my clients - this is a new issue that happened out of the blue from what I am being told - no changes to HW/SW. 

This is an inherited system, it's a single Publisher server running in VMware. I have upgraded it to 11.0.1-21900-11

Whenever they place someone on hold, the MOH sounds very choppy, almost like there are QoS issues. All other RTP audio is working fine across the board. The choppiness is the same for on-net and PSTN calls. 

I noticed the same choppiness is experienced when the annunciator is playing a message such as "Your call can not be completed as dialed..."

I tried switching out the MOH audio files, using the default one, restarting the server, etc... and nothing seems to help. 

CPU/RAM looks perfectly fine. Please see attached. 

Thoughts? 

7 Replies 7

BradEast1
Level 3
Level 3

Are you using multicast? If so, same behavior with unicast?

Thank you for your reply. 

We are NOT using muticast. The issue is strange since it's not just MOH - both the annunciator and MOH produce the same level of choppiness and jitter. 

I wonder if you could view the GUI of the phone once the MOH stream is established, view Stream 1 and see if there's a lot of dropped packets or jitter observed...

Good idea, I will give this a shot.

I had a similar issue in the past. What I found is you need to make sure you are using 711. So make sure the region for your device pools between phone and moh server is using 711. Also you can see if it's actually the files themselves are good by sftping them off cucm and listening. You may need to convert them to a different format.

There is no issue with the region or the files themselves, I've uploaded the same exact file to my lab and it sounds just fine. 

Please note once again that the same issue happens with any messages played by the annunciator. 

Here's the report of the call being on hold - CUCM is 10.100.100.205

Remote address 10.100.100.205/28760
Local address 10.110.110.44/26466
Start time 10:00:40am
Stream status Active
Host name SEP2C0BE9047DAF
Sender packets 0
Sender octets 0
Sender codec None
Sender reports sent 0
Sender report time sent 00:00:00
Rcvr lost packets 0
Avg jitter 9
Receiver codec G.711u
Receiver reports sent 78
Receiver report time sent 10:01:59am
Rcvr packets 3906
Rcvr octets 671832
Cumulative conceal ratio 0.0006
Interval conceal ratio 0.0000
Max conceal ratio 0.0032
Conceal seconds 5
Severely conceal seconds 0
Latency 0
Max jitter 12
Sender size 0 ms
Sender reports received 0
Sender report time received 00:00:00
Receiver size 20 ms
Receiver discarded 1
Receiver reports received 0
Receiver report time received 00:00:00
Rcvr encrypted 0
Sender encrypted 0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: