Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5.1.10000-6 Install Fails

dknafelc8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've got a brand new BE6K server with the standard preloaded applications. Running through the CUCM install, fresh install from scratch in a new cluster and I get the following error message, have anyone seen this before?

"/opt/cisco/install/elm_server/scripts/elmdb_prepare install PostInstall 11.5.1.10000-6 11.5.1.10000-6/user/local/cm/ /usr/local/cm/ /common/log/install/capture.txt" failed (1)

Thanks

Danny

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is that a PUB or SUB you're trying to install??

You can try wiping the pre-loaded images and do a fresh install from scratch.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It's a PUB (First server in the cluster). I've re-imported the ova and tried re-running the install again and it fails.

One of the things i would say you should check is the NTP. Make sure the NTP you are using is ping-able within the network you are connecting to. Also you can check the time on the BE6K to ensure its synched up as well.

Can you also provide what step this installation fails. This could give me an idea of which area i can point you to check.

Recently, i had similar issue but this was because i was doing an installation and applying a patch within that installation which seems to fail. However if i do the straight install with the bootable without applying the patch, it worked.

dknafelc8
Level 1
Level 1

Just for those that were following, I was able to resolve the issue myself.

Turns out that Cisco doesn't like using brackets "(" ")" in it's password. Even though it forces you to use special characters, brackets are not allowed, even though the installer allows you to input them during the installation and doesn't flag it as invalid at any point.

So there it is, do not use brackets when coming up with password.