cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 hide local end users from the corporate Directory

HOLGER HAHN
Level 1
Level 1

We have LDAP integration, all employees are synchronized via LDAP and these end users are in Corporate Directory.

That's OK and wanted.

But I need some special local users because we have several SIP phones (like Revolabs FLX2) which needs to authenticate with username and password.

These users I want not to be shown in Corporate Directory.

I know I can create Application Users which won't be shown there but these users I can't choose as Digest User ind the Protocol Specific Information.

I found some hints that I have to create my own directory but no guide how to do this.

It would already suffice if only LDAP synchonized users are in the directory.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are correct, there is no way to do this natively in CUCM as all end users show up in corp directory.  As you point out you can use the SDK to create custom directory, there are many threads on it over the years or alternatively there are 3rd party products for external directory you could purchase.

Hello,

I read for previous versions that once the user is synced, putting and "{" before the first name and last name will prevent it to appear in the directory.

Do you think it could work?

Hope that helps

{ before the First and Last name worked in my 12.5.1 CUCM environment

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: