Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 Hunt Group and Unified Mobility behavior changed

r.rung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Community,

i have the following setup:

CUCM 11.5(1)SU1 (Production) and CUCM 11.5(1)SU2 in Lab.

I have a Line Group / Hunt List / Hunt Pilot configuration, and one of the lines in the line group also has an Remote Destination Profile with an remote destination.

the behavior bevor CUCM 11 was that the Remote Destination Profile is always a member of the Line group und rings always, no matter if the IP Phone is logged into the hunt group or not.

now with CUCM 11.5 i see that the Remote Destination is NEVER a member of the Line Group and does never ring for calls to the hunt pilot.

is this documented somewhere?

i couldn't find anything, i had a look in the bug toolkit and on the Feature Configuration Guide for CUCM 11.5(1).

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So, if SNR is working fine check the hunt pilot, hunt list, line group AND the config of the phones.

If HP, HL, and LG are properly configured ensure the phones are logged in to the hunt group, there is a checkbox on the phone config page, "Logged Into Hunt Group" if you uncheck this, (or if the users does that via a softkey on the phones), this will not work, an d if that line or device that is logged out of the HG is the one with the SNR association, the SNR will not ring.

Also, if that is a shared line with 100 phones, you need to ensure those 100 phones are logged in, if ONE of them presses the 'logout' softkey or if the device does not have that checkbox enabled this can easily mess up the entire hunt group.

My personal recommendation is not to use shared-lines, there are a lot of things that can go wrong, and those need to be setup on the secondary line, you should not have multiple phones using a shared line as the primary line.  If you MUST use a shared-line then you got to be really careful with that as users can easily mess up your setup.

HTH.

Christian Nuche

TAC tech lead.

View solution in original post

so here is the solution that we found out, basically it is how Christian Nuche wrote, but with a small but importent note:

your Remote Destination Profile is bound to a user.

to make this Remote Destination Profile ring for hunt Group calls, all Phones, which have the Owner Userid set to the user which is configured in the Remote Destination Profile, MUST be "Logged into Hunt Group". And this applies also if these phones have a completely different phone number.

on the other side lets say for example 2 phones and the remote Destination Profile have  a shared line, but the owner userid of the phones is different then the userid on the Remote Destination Profile: then it does NOT matter if the phones are "Logged into Hunt Group".

Makes no big sence to me, because i thought the owner userid is only for licensing, but this is how it is.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Quite funny, I'll should almost add a thread, about the very same issue in CUCM 11.0.1.20000-2.

I have two Hunt Groups with dummy numbers as members. The dummy numbers has a Remote Destination added. In 8.6 this worked without any problems, but when I'll dial the Hunt Pilot in CUCM 11, I'm getting a busy tone. If I'll dial the dummy number directly, the RD rings as expected. 

Should the RD be logged in into the Hunt Group? The dummy number is not logged in, as it's only a number without any device, except of the RDP.

Please help.

K.

i opened a TAC Case today, so let's see what they tell me...

Ok please get back with what they say :)

We got ours to work by enabling "Forward when busy" under the hunt pilot. 

Hi Justin,

Is it Forward Busy Calls to Destination under Forward Hunt Busy, ?

Best regards

Kristian 

Correct

Hmm then you can only enter one number? Which number do you type in the Destination field?

We chose to use the only one with voice mail. That was our number one concern. 

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This works fine on CUCM 11.5x, I just built a lab with this config and it works 100% of the time, so I think something on the config might be wrong here, maybe the rerouting CSS on the RDP?

Please double check the config, make sure SNR works, and ensure the hunt pilot / hunt list and line group config is correct.

HTH.

Christian Nuche

TAC tech lead.

Hello Christian,

thank you for this Information. Well i had a look at it and when i call the phone Directory number directly then the ip-phone and the remote Destination are ringing, so it seems that ReRouting CSS and so on is fine.

i already gave my log file to the tac engineer, so let's see what he can find out.

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So, if SNR is working fine check the hunt pilot, hunt list, line group AND the config of the phones.

If HP, HL, and LG are properly configured ensure the phones are logged in to the hunt group, there is a checkbox on the phone config page, "Logged Into Hunt Group" if you uncheck this, (or if the users does that via a softkey on the phones), this will not work, an d if that line or device that is logged out of the HG is the one with the SNR association, the SNR will not ring.

Also, if that is a shared line with 100 phones, you need to ensure those 100 phones are logged in, if ONE of them presses the 'logout' softkey or if the device does not have that checkbox enabled this can easily mess up the entire hunt group.

My personal recommendation is not to use shared-lines, there are a lot of things that can go wrong, and those need to be setup on the secondary line, you should not have multiple phones using a shared line as the primary line.  If you MUST use a shared-line then you got to be really careful with that as users can easily mess up your setup.

HTH.

Christian Nuche

TAC tech lead.

Hey r.rung,

Any news from TAC?

Best regards

Kristian 

give me some more hours, the Engineer will call me today.

so here is the solution that we found out, basically it is how Christian Nuche wrote, but with a small but importent note:

your Remote Destination Profile is bound to a user.

to make this Remote Destination Profile ring for hunt Group calls, all Phones, which have the Owner Userid set to the user which is configured in the Remote Destination Profile, MUST be "Logged into Hunt Group". And this applies also if these phones have a completely different phone number.

on the other side lets say for example 2 phones and the remote Destination Profile have  a shared line, but the owner userid of the phones is different then the userid on the Remote Destination Profile: then it does NOT matter if the phones are "Logged into Hunt Group".

Makes no big sence to me, because i thought the owner userid is only for licensing, but this is how it is.