Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 Hunt Group and Unified Mobility behavior changed

r.rung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Community,

i have the following setup:

CUCM 11.5(1)SU1 (Production) and CUCM 11.5(1)SU2 in Lab.

I have a Line Group / Hunt List / Hunt Pilot configuration, and one of the lines in the line group also has an Remote Destination Profile with an remote destination.

the behavior bevor CUCM 11 was that the Remote Destination Profile is always a member of the Line group und rings always, no matter if the IP Phone is logged into the hunt group or not.

now with CUCM 11.5 i see that the Remote Destination is NEVER a member of the Line Group and does never ring for calls to the hunt pilot.

is this documented somewhere?

i couldn't find anything, i had a look in the bug toolkit and on the Feature Configuration Guide for CUCM 11.5(1).

17 Replies 17

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, the user must have the mobility features enabled otherwise it will not work, you mention that SNR was fine so I skipped that, so when using shared-lines you have to be careful with the details as mentioned before, I'll say that if you are using a shared-line with SNR, setup all devices with the same username, or at least make sure all users, devices and lines have the same settings.

My personal recommendation, do not use shared lines, and if you want to have SNR on a line group use a dummy DN instead of an actual user DN.

Regards,

Christian Nuche

TAC tech lead.

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, that did the trick. 

This was not necessary in 8.6. 

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

In 11.5 we always have to be careful not to add anyone with any Remote Destinations configured to any hunt group. If you do the caller to hunt group gets dead air as it loops the call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: