cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5: Route List with Route groups (2921 MGCP QSIG gateways and SIP trunks to CUBE 4331)

Hello All,

Per this thread and other Cisco documentation for CUCM 8.6, https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11683541/route-list-can-not-contain-qsig-and-sip-trunks, I see that Route group cannot contain 2921 MGCP QSIG gateways (In my customer's case Cisco 2921s connecting to Avaya Session manager) and SIP trunks (CUBE 4331s).

The current version is  CUCM 11.5 and I was able to add to the route list two route groups (QSIG and SIP Trunks) contrary to the documentation (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmsys/accm-712-cm/a03rp.html#wpxref87329) which says QSIG and Non QSIG route groups cannot be added. More specifically the articles mentions QSIG and H323 cannot be added together to the same Route list but does not talk about SIP trunks. However, that documentation is for 7.x version of CUCM.

Does that mean Route list with QSIG and Non QSIG route groups is supported now (CUCM 11.5)  ?

Please let me know. Thanks in advance for your responses

Thanks,

Sachin

5 Replies 5

Looking forward to a response.

Thanks,

Sachin

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't see why it would not work.

Hi chris, Thanks for responding. However, if you see the original thread, it says this.

A MGCP-QSIG Gateway is Type 1

A SIP TRunk is Type 3

So they both don't work together as part of the same route group OR as two route groups part of the same route list. However, I was able to create two route groups and add them to a single route list. I have not tested it but want to confirm if this is a new change in CUCM versions higher than 8.x.

If you don't see the same statement under 11.5 documentation then I would imagine it's not longer applicable.  To be on a safe side can you not convert the MGCP QSIG to SIP controlled which supports SIP-QSIG?

Hi Chris, I can try that but being Production I am hesitant and it will need a lot of test cycles too. I will keep the suggestion in mind and will look forward to other experts to weigh in

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: