cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 - RTMT (11.5) Won't Show Calls - Session Trace > Real Time Data

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

I have a case open with Cisco TAC as well, but so far there's no resolution.  In the meantime, I thought I'd ask about it here as well.

I recently upgraded to CUCM 11.5 (from 10.5).  Everything is working well except for the fact that I can't see our calls in RTMT 11.5 under Session Trace > Real Time Data.  Occasionally a few scattered calls will appear, but I'v made many test calls over and over and I never see my various test calls (completed calls to various devices and entities - outside calls, inside calls, etc).  

All servers have been rebooted and I verified all the appropriate services were running.  Cisco already had me restart some services and then also reboot the servers.  Didn't help.  Well, actually...after restarting Cisco AMC Service and Cisco RTMT Reporter Servlet, it worked but the next day it wasn't working again, so Cisco's next suggestion was to reboot the servers (he said he noticed the same problem with RTMT and CUCM 11.5 in his lab and after rebooting, it was working...but the reboot didn't help in my case).

I downloaded RTMT from the CUCM page for the plugins.  I installed RTMT on Windows 10 with UAC (user account control) turned OFF and I ran the installer as administrator.  (I did the same thing with Windows 7 and have the same problem).  I open and run RTMT as administrator as well. 

My computer is in the same time zone as the CUCM server I'm connecting to (but I've also tried looking for the calls a few hours ahead and back just to be sure it wasn't a time zone issue, but it's not).

I can see the calls Trace & Log Central > Collect Files.  I download the files onto my computer and I can open those and see the raw data for the calls I made.  I can also see the calls if I go to Trace & Log Central > Real Time Trace > View Real Time Data.  I can also view the calls Trace & Log Central > Remote Browse.  So the call data really is there, but for some reason RTMT just won't show it to me in Session Trace > Real Time Data like it did before we upgraded.  Like I said, occasionally some will WILL show up there, but only a very small amount and it's usually not the test calls I made or any other calls I know were made during busy periods of the day.  When something does show up, I can never see the SIP details if I open the call info and then click on one of the entries I see in the call ladder (for example, to see the details of the Invite message)...there's no detail there.  But again, I CAN see all this detail if I manually download the logs using the methods I mentioned previously. 

Any ideas?

16 Replies 16

jfearday
Level 4
Level 4

I had this problem and needed to enable CDR on each node and restart the appropriate services. I had CDR enabled on the publisher, but it has to be enabled on each node.

Everything is enabled as it should be.  I mentioned somewhere else on this discussion that Cisco confirmed it's a bug and the next CUCM update will have a fix for it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: