cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11 - The attempted action was a violation of security protocols and will not be allowed

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had found a browser or other setting to prevent this annoying error message?   Most of the time you just hit Save again and it works, but for some elements when you first hit save and get the error, it randomly removes some of the items you've changed.   It seems like the longer the screen is up before hitting save the more likely you are to get the error, so more complex things like SIP trunks are a right pain, or even worse for BAT jobs because there's no way of viewing the job to confirm all your settings were preserved.

Does the problem still exist in 11.5?

Thanks, Tony S

13 Replies 13

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Tony,

I have seen this message myself, predominately when using chrome, its is my impression that you get this message when you have multiple tabs open on the same server (page).

please rate if useful

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Cheers.  I'm using Firefox, I can't remember if I've also seen it with Safari.   Although the message implies multiple tabs can contribute, I've also seen it with a freshly restarted browser using a single tab.

What CUCM version(s) have you seen this with?

I agree with Tony, I've seen that message with just one tab opened to the server, it's not necessarily related to having multiple tabs. If I recall correctly, I've seen it on 11.0 or 11.5.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Cheers.  Do you guys also find that it changes some of the settings, so if you just hit Save again you're not saving what you expected?   I've found that somewhat random, for example it particularly likes to remove "user external number mask" from route patterns.  On BAT update jobs it sometimes leaves the values I've entered but removes some of the ticks activating those options.  

I think I've only seen that behaviour with this particular customer so it may either be their exact CUCM version, or the fact that I have to access from Windows instead of Mac.  For whatever reason it makes what should be routine changes into a right pain in the backside.

What with their refusal to issue 11.x compatible dial plans and some other issues it really appears Cisco's not fully backing v11 even after nearly two years.

This problem still exists in 11.5 (11.5.1.12900-21).   One additional side affect is that in some screens it minces the underlying page, so hitting Save again isn't possible.  For example if editing Trunk properties, then after the error the "SIP information" section is missing.

Duplicate deleted - seems to have been stuck as a draft even though posted.  On the other hand, has anyone found a work around?  The bug still exists in the latest 11.5 releases.

Anyone found any solution for this yet?   It makes working through any non-trivial task on CUCM a right pain, especially as when it fails to save it often reverts the changes further down the screen.

Today I came across a similar error with Unity Connection, saving a PIN change for a user it came up with a similar error message but even more stupidly suggested I try a different action.

Happens to me quite often. FF + Single Tab. 11.5(1) all SUs. Haven't spent enough time in 12.x to know if it's permanently fixed or not.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tony,

I just wanted to add a note to the good tips from my friend Dennis (+5). I would track these 2 bugs which are specific to CUCM 11.0 one of which is fixed in CUCM 11.5 and 1 of which is pending fixed-in version;

Access to the requested resource has been denied" when exporting phones
CSCux52267
Error msg from cucm:The attempted action was a violation of security protocols & will not be allowed
CSCvb98169

KacyHicks21882
Level 1
Level 1

I just ran into this issue on version 11.5.1 SU9 with only one tab opened, this is the first time I have encountered this with Chrome. I tried in Firefox with a fresh window and received the same error.

pma1995
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this error even when having only 1 browser tab open.  Usually if I click "Save" again after the error, it will save.

@pma1995 wrote:

I have seen this error even when having only 1 browser tab open.  Usually if I click "Save" again after the error, it will save.

Usually yes.  But in some cases it wipes out some or all the edits you made before trying to save.  Particularly annoying if it's something like a Trunk where there are a lot of mandatory fields without which it won't save.

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

This was occurring when we were on v11.5 as well.  I have not seen this occur with v12.5U3.  Been using v12 for about 6 months.